sturgeon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sturgeon

Howdy,I was wounderun has anyone caught one or heard of any caught?
    kk.

Caught plenty Colombia River Willapa River Chehalis River Naselle River never on the KP

Comment

Originally posted by kenaikidd View Post
      Howdy,I was wounderun has anyone caught one or heard of any caught?
      kk.
      In Alaska? I think I remember a thread about green sturgeon in the SE somewhere.
      We never really grow up, we only learn
      how to act in public

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	2478968Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	2478967
        Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Comment

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...light=sturgeon

Search function is your friend..

Comment

lake iliamna is said to have green sturgeon. Honeslty I wouldn't be surprised if they were in other rivers around here.

Comment

I remember an epsisode of river monsters on this. Although I don't think he was ever able to prove they are in lake iliamna.
              Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
              "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
              I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

Comment

River Monster Show

I saw that show and the "fishermen" did not catch a sturgeon from Lake Illiama.They ended the show on the Colombia River fishing and catching sturgeon below Bonneville Dam .They never did catch a sturgeon in Alaska.:mad:It was all BS ..........
                If you want to catch em ya gotta go where they are and it ain't here.

Comment

According to the recent thread posting about the SUTTON COMMUNITY COUNCIL DRAFT for Recreation Infrastructure Hubs & Links
                  Wasilla Creek, Moose Creek, Eska Creek, Granite Creek, Kings River, and Chickaloon
                  River are spawning, rearing and/or migration waters for anadromous fish (salmon, trout,
                  char, whitefish, sturgeon, etc.)
                  How true that is I have no clue but it definetly caught my attention when I saw sturgeon listed.

Comment

A six footer was caught in a subsistance net at the mouth of the Naknek River about 25 years ago and is mounted on the wall of the King Salmon ADF&G office. Seen it.

George

Comment

You know I have heard that people catch them here and there, but nothing to make me think there is a sustained run any where. I did see the story about lake Iliamna, and I know they finished it in WA, I was just saying most of the rumors I have heard happened on rivers over in that area.

Comment

Originally posted by George Riddle View Post
                        A six footer was caught in a subsistance net at the mouth of the Naknek River about 25 years ago and is mounted on the wall of the King Salmon ADF&G office. Seen it.

George
                        I've seen it too
                        I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X