kings in deep creek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kings in deep creek

hey, planning on going to deep creek over memorial weekend to try to hook some kings and was curious if anyone had any tips or tricks they wouldn't mind sharing. I already have a nice strong rod and reel setup with 50lb test, I just don't know what to fish with? any help would be greatly appreciated

get up early
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Comment

Drift fish yarn flies, spin-n-glos, or lil corkies. Set it up similar to the russian river setup, but DON'T BE A RIPPER!

There will be plenty of other people there for you to watch regarding other techniques. Getting up early is a very good idea.
      Pursue happiness with diligence.

Comment

Hardware on a downstream swing.

Spinners work well in that creek.

Cast across and slightly downriver, let it sink a bit by dropping the rod tip, and then tighten up. Reel just fast enough to keep the blade spinning and the hook off the bottom (sometimes not at all in faster current) as it swings back to your side of the river. At the end of the swing, slowly lift the rod tip to bring the spinner back to the surface then skip it on back up top as fast as you can to make the next cast.

Lather
        Rinse
        Repeat
        "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
        sigpic
        The KeenEye MD

Comment

Glow in the dark corkies work at night.
          Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Comment

Originally posted by fishNphysician View Post
            Spinners work well in that creek.

Cast across and slightly downriver, let it sink a bit by dropping the rod tip, and then tighten up. Reel just fast enough to keep the blade spinning and the hook off the bottom (sometimes not at all in faster current) as it swings back to your side of the river. At the end of the swing, slowly lift the rod tip to bring the spinner back to the surface then skip it on back up top as fast as you can to make the next cast.

Lather
            Rinse
            Repeat
            Lather, rinse, ditto. Can be deadly.

And to stress what Wyo2AK said, I'd even just not got to bed and fish right from the minute the river opens, catch your king and THEN go to bed. You'll wake up in the morning SOOOOO happy!
            Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
            http://muttleycrewfishing.com

Comment

pink worms and bobbers
              I ♥ Big Sheep

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
              Working...
              X