X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iofthetaiga
    replied
    Originally posted by CapnMike View Post
    IOF, do you know if DNR/State Parks has one of these specific Public Records Request Form??
    I don't know. But you don't need a specific form, you just need to be willing to stand up for your legal rights. By law (AS 40.25) "Every person has a right to inspect a public record in the state, including public records in recorders' offices". The only exception is if the specific record in question is specifically excluded/protected by Alaska statute. Pam is blowing smoke. If you want to view the record, pressing her to abide by the law is going to be up to you.

Leave a comment:

• CapnMike
    replied
    I've heard nothing back after sending this form into DNR. I asked the nice person that responded to me from DOC what I should do now. She quickly responded that the form I had filled out was a request for info from DOC, and it would carry no weight at DNR. She suggested I just request the info verbally from State Parks in Soldotna. I told her I had already done that and been denied the info.

IOF, do you know if DNR/State Parks has one of these specific Public Records Request Form??

Leave a comment:

• iofthetaiga
    replied
    Originally posted by extrema View Post
    Taiga are you in law enforcement or what? Just curious.
    Or what.

Leave a comment:

• SmokeRoss
    replied
    So if I politely send in a request for license plate identities will I succeed?
    The state will charge you a few bucks for the license plate info.

Leave a comment:

• extrema
    replied
    Taiga are you in law enforcement or what? Just curious. Also how about AK #'s? Confidential like license plates?

Leave a comment:

• iofthetaiga
    replied
    Nope. Like it or not, they're two different legal categories.

Leave a comment:

• extrema
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CapnMike
    replied
    Thanks. I filled out the form and shipped it into the state. Got an answer that the DOC has lists of all guides licensed by them, mostly big game guides, and I could easily find that info online.

However, I was told that my request appears to be a request that needs to be directed to the Alaska Division of Parks & Outdoor Recreation, as they are the ones that license Kenai River Sportfish Guides.

So, I forwarded everything to the Alaska Division of Parks and Outdoor Recreation in Soldotna.

I'll report back on what I hear.

Leave a comment:

• iofthetaiga
    replied
    Pam just wrote me that they do not give that list out to the public.
    Politely send her one of these: https://www.commerce.alaska.gov/web/...ub/adm4753.pdf

Leave a comment:

• SmokeRoss
    replied
    Pam just wrote me that they do not give that list out to the public. She said that if I have a problem with a guide, I can contact her and she would send my complaint to a Park Ranger. I wonder why she assumed I would be having a problem with a guide??
    Probably because they hear from a lot of folks that are ticked off at a guide for his (or her) boorish behavior.

Leave a comment:

• CapnMike
    replied
    Pam just wrote me that they do not give that list out to the public. She said that if I have a problem with a guide, I can contact her and she would send my complaint to a Park Ranger. I wonder why she assumed I would be having a problem with a guide??

Leave a comment:

• Sockeye Charlie
    replied
    Pam Russell with DNR, DPOR at the Kenai River Center has this information. All Kenai Guides are permitted by State Parks. Pam can cross reference the Guide Number from the boat to the name of the guide/co. (907)714-2471

Leave a comment:

• CapnMike
    replied
    ADF&G responded that they do not have a list like this. I have calls in to the River Center, State Parks in Soldotna, Kenai River Professional Guides Assoc, and KRSA. Now waiting.

Leave a comment:

• thymallus
    replied
    The round sticker with the Kenai guide number is issued from State Parks, not ADF&G.

Leave a comment:

• KantishnaCabin
    replied
    Wouldn't that information be with the fine folks at ADF&G Sportfish office?

Leave a comment:

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X