Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the most challenging fish to catch poll in Alaska?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the most challenging fish to catch poll in Alaska?

Noticed I didn't specify spin casting, bait casting, fly fishing, ice fishing, saltwater fishing etc. Just a general question and I might not be able to post every fish species in Alaska so I apologize if I left out a species that someone prefers. Just put you complaints down below.
    King Salmon
    33.33%
    Silver Salmon
    0%
    Halibut
    0%
    Rainbow Trout/Steelhead
    16.67%
    Arctic Char/Dolly Varden
    0%
    Grayling
    8.33%
    Northern Pike
    0%
    Lake Trout
    25.00%
    Sheefish
    0%
    Other (please specify)
    16.67%

Ling cod !!!

Comment

Good point. I have never been able to catch a ling cod I could keep. I always catch them just slightly smaller than the legal limit.

Comment

There is nothing challenging about catching halibut, and though they're probably my favorite fish, grayling are silly easy to catch as well. I badly want to target sheefish at some point, but haven't had the opportunity yet.

Few target them, but I'd say sablefish are pretty darn challenging. Maybe salmon shark as well? Tough to find and one heck of a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian M View Post
          There is nothing challenging about catching halibut, and though they're probably my favorite fish, grayling are silly easy to catch as well. I badly want to target sheefish at some point, but haven't had the opportunity yet.

Few target them, but I'd say sablefish are pretty darn challenging. Maybe salmon shark as well? Tough to find and one heck of a fight.
          I know. If I had the ability to offer more choices I would have given more choices. Maybe since you are a moderator you can change that policy.

Comment

I voted "Other" My other was a tiger rock fish on a fly adhering to IGFA rules. Took me six years to do it. Lings can be really easy at times. We've caught 58 in one day. My biggest on a fly, 48 inches, 35 pounds, IGFA rules.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X