Sturgeon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sturgeon

Once again the highly elusive Sturgeon makes its appearance In Bristol Bay. A family member took these photos recently of one that snagged a set net at Ekuk and looks to be a Green Sturgeon? Heard from old timers that every once in a blue moon they show up in nets clear up into the Nushagak, Wood River and Kvichak areas. I remember seeing a small mounted one in the Dillingham ADF&G when I was a kid.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	EFDA3CEB-99A2-4E54-A60E-123B8A173648.jpeg
Views:	64
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	2758799 Click image for larger version

Name:	3AF1BD63-7779-4E99-862F-3D07A26EB831.jpeg
Views:	60
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	2758800

Originally posted by NERKA71 View Post
    Once again the highly elusive Sturgeon makes its appearance In Bristol Bay. A family member took these photos recently of one that snagged a set net at Ekuk and looks to be a Green Sturgeon? Heard from old timers that every once in a blue moon they show up in nets clear up into the Nushagak, Wood River and Kvichak areas. I remember seeing a small mounted one in the Dillingham ADF&G when I was a kid.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	EFDA3CEB-99A2-4E54-A60E-123B8A173648.jpeg
Views:	64
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	2758799 Click image for larger version

Name:	3AF1BD63-7779-4E99-862F-3D07A26EB831.jpeg
Views:	60
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	2758800
    Cool Dinosaur!

Comment

Cool! I recall a green sturgeon thread somewhere on here a few years ago...
      ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
      I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
      The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

Was that where they were thinking the "monster" that lives in Iliamna may in fact be a sturgeon?
        Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 4merguide View Post
          Was that where they were thinking the "monster" that lives in Iliamna may in fact be a sturgeon?
          Yeah, could be that was the same thread.

...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
          I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
          The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
          Working...
          X