River Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• River Fishing

Does anyone know of any good spots to go fish for Rainbows in creeks and rivers this time of year?

Originally posted by dmmccleary View Post
    Does anyone know of any good spots to go fish for Rainbows in creeks and rivers this time of year?
    You didn't mention what part of the state you are in, but if you're in Southcentral Alaska (Anchorage / Matsu) or the Kenai Peninsula, you might check these pages on our site.

Southcentral fishing pages: Includes general orientation, Anchorage Bowl, Roadside fisheries north and south of town, and remote fly-out fisheries out of Anchorage.

Upper Kenai Peninsula Fishing: Includes all fisheries in the upper Kenai Peninsula between Portage and Seward.

Central Kenai Peninsula Fishing: Covers the upper Kenai River from Kenai Lake downstream to Skilak Lake. Also includes the Swanson River and Swan Lakes canoe trail system.

Lower Kenai Peninsula Fishing: Covers everything from Soldotna to Homer.

These are freshwater fishing pages in the Anchorage / Kenai area. We have many other pages concerning freshwater fishing in other areas of Alaska.

Hope it helps!

-Mike
    Michael Strahan
    Site Owner
    Alaska Hunt Consultant
    1 (907) 229-4501

Comment

Originally posted by dmmccleary View Post
      What region of the state are you in? Southcentral, Interior, Southeast, Southwest? Big difference on where you go.

Comment

I am currently in anchorage but I have no problem traveling anywhere north or south

Comment

Shoot, I've had some decent days of fishing for rainbows and dollies right in Campbell creek in Anchorage.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
            Shoot, I've had some decent days of fishing for rainbows and dollies right in Campbell creek in Anchorage.
            I second this. Campbell creek can be a lot of fun with a lighter fly rod if you like throwing small streamers and nymphs. The trick is to fish the sweepers in my experience.

Comment

Campbell Creek is closed to all fishing through June 14th. Page 45 Southcentral regs.

Comment

Originally posted by thymallus View Post
                Campbell Creek is closed to all fishing through June 14th. Page 45 Southcentral regs.
                Drive North to Willow Creek then.

Comment

I would grab a copy of Gunnar Pedersen's book, "The Highway Angler". It was written specifically about the road system fisheries. Excellent book.

-Mike
                  Michael Strahan
                  Site Owner
                  Alaska Hunt Consultant
                  1 (907) 229-4501

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X