Headed North Lake Louise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headed North Lake Louise

Trying to put together a family trip for next week. T wife wants to catch a lake trout and the kids just want to camp and fish so we are going to head up to Lake Louise for a couple of days and we’ve never been there before. Checked the regs saw no bait and I’m swapping lures to single hooks, and packing the boat up with the Rv. I figured we could do some trolling along edges for lakers, and could get the kids onto grayling to keep them busy in between. Any ideas or things people like to do up there. I figured one day we would get a meal at the lodge and ask around as well and support a local while we are there.
    Curious about other locations while we are there. What does the channel between Susitna and Lake Louise look like is it weedy? Shallow? I saw markers on google maps. I have a prop on my 18’ boat. Is the fishing much different between the lakes.
    What is grayling creek like? Is it boatable, does it have good grayling fishing normally? Can’t find much info on it and little Lake Louise, it looks like you might be able to launch there on google maps but can’t find any info on the road past the airport. Any information is appreciated was also looking at crossing over to see cliff Bay Area. I don’t want to miss something I should do while I’m there. Headed up with my 6,5 year old girls and my 1 yeat old, the kids are fishing fools but they are not use to bigger water fishing.

Sounds like a hoot...I'm hoping to head up there with a passel o kids next month, make sure you come back with a report!
    " Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Comment

Sure was fun pushing ice to get out of the launch! Hope you all had a good time.Was about a week early but made the best of it and got some nice fish.
      sigpic

Heavy Hitter Fishing
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff

Comment

AK2AZ were you up there this weekend, I'm going to be headed up Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by catchfish View Post
          AK2AZ were you up there this weekend, I'm going to be headed up Thursday.
          Sure was. The lake is now clear.
          sigpic

Heavy Hitter Fishing

Comment

Just got back we were unsuccessful on the laker front tried soms trolling and casting spoons no luck there. Caught 2 grayling one on a large spoon that surprised me and snagged 2 long nose suckers. I had never caught those before the first one got us pumped because it was on the smallest reel combo we had and it was snagged in the tail and the line started to peel off and we could see flashes of yellow. The lodge said we were about a week early for good fishing.
            As for my questions Grayling creek not navigable from what I saw with my prop on my river sled. Canal was not a problem, the kids wanted to catch more fish they were bummed but they had fun. The launch at the state rev site was really shallow. I ended up launching at the lodge and motoring over.

Comment

Originally posted by catchfish View Post
              Just got back we were unsuccessful on the laker front tried soms trolling and casting spoons no luck there. Caught 2 grayling one on a large spoon that surprised me and snagged 2 long nose suckers. I had never caught those before the first one got us pumped because it was on the smallest reel combo we had and it was snagged in the tail and the line started to peel off and we could see flashes of yellow. The lodge said we were about a week early for good fishing.
              As for my questions Grayling creek not navigable from what I saw with my prop on my river sled. Canal was not a problem, the kids wanted to catch more fish they were bummed but they had fun. The launch at the state rev site was really shallow. I ended up launching at the lodge and motoring over.
              No way up Grayling Creek with a sled. If you drive down you can see why at the end of the road.Sorry you didn't do better on Lakers...I did pretty good the week before. For future reference just launch at the end of the road and take the truck back to the campground.

sigpic

Heavy Hitter Fishing

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
              Working...
              X