Kenai River Bank Restrictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenai River Bank Restrictions

Talking about the summer crowds on the Kenai in another thread got me to thinking about all the bank restrictions. It's been quite a few years now with these restrictions in place. I'm just curious, has anybody heard if this "science based" action has actually done any good? I'm sure other issues with the fish are at play here but, I've been here since 83' and for years we could walk down to ANYWHERE on the river to fish and there was always plenty of fish. Now we can't hardly walk anywhere without fighting the crowds to fish and there isn't as many fish. So does anybody know if the bank restrictions have actually saved the smolt like, from what I remember, was the main reason for the restrictions? Thanks.
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Originally posted by 4merguide View Post
    Talking about the summer crowds on the Kenai in another thread got me to thinking about all the bank restrictions. It's been quite a few years now with these restrictions in place. I'm just curious, has anybody heard if this "science based" action has actually done any good? I'm sure other issues with the fish are at play here but, I've been here since 83' and for years we could walk down to ANYWHERE on the river to fish and there was always plenty of fish. Now we can't hardly walk anywhere without fighting the crowds to fish and there isn't as many fish. So does anybody know if the bank restrictions have actually saved the smolt like, from what I remember, was the main reason for the restrictions? Thanks.
    I donít have any science for you but itís cheaper if the fishcops only got to watch three spots...

Being serious the spots I see marked off mainly are not good flipping spots not saying all but the ones I see marked I wouldnít want to fish anywho. See them from my pack raft from moose river to soldotna bridge. Sure there are a few good spots they marked off.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
    Working...
    X