Kenai River Silvers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenai River Silvers?

Are there any silvers to be caught in the Kenai?

Originally posted by PSEbowhunter View Post
    Are there any silvers to be caught in the Kenai?
    Yes, yes, yes

Comment

I have been planning to getb out there again.
      Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
        Yes, yes, yes
        Have you fished it recently? of course they're in there but weather the fishing's good or not is a different story. I just had a forum member as me about it via pm and I had to tell him I didn't know as I haven't been on the river for almost a month now. At that time we had to fish hard for three days to come home with six fish. Up until that time it had been reported as being pretty slow. Hopefully it's changed now?
        Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 4merguide View Post
          Have you fished it recently? of course they're in there but weather the fishing's good or not is a different story. I just had a forum member as me about it via pm and I had to tell him I didn't know as I haven't been on the river for almost a month now. At that time we had to fish hard for three days to come home with six fish. Up until that time it had been reported as being pretty slow. Hopefully it's changed now?
          A month?!!!???!!! Man that is a shame! Lol

Comment

I'm coruious too, is anyone catching Silvers?

Comment

Originally posted by kenaibow fan View Post
              A month?!!!???!!! Man that is a shame! Lol
              Well, some of that time was replaced with moose hunting so not too terribly bad.....lol.

Comment

Nope, sorry I've been busy hunting too. But I know I've fished the middle Kenai several times from late September through late October and still found FRESH silvers a plenty. So I just assumed that was the norm for this time of year but I could be wrong.

Comment

Silver fishing on the Kenai has been below average for most of September. Combine that with more anglers than normal on the middle Kenai and its not a good combination.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
                    So I just assumed that was the norm for this time of year but I could be wrong.
                    Just depends on the run strength which varies from year to year like any other run. Last year the fishing was phenomenal, this year, from everything I've heard, not that good.

Comment

Just depends on the run strength which varies from year to year like any other run. Last year the fishing was phenomenal, this year, from everything I've heard, not that good.
                      Bummer. I'm hoping to make it down there soon.

Comment

Got word today that silvers were spotted along the beach in the inlet. So maybe they've finally arrived en masse?

Comment

Went last week for 2 days on lower river. Had 2 bites in 11 hrs with 3 or more rods out. Saw zero fish caught. Slow, slow, slow. I figured the poor run was about over.

Comment

But, but, but.....early this summer they, whoever 'they' are, were saying this was going to be a great Silver year.
                            Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

Zero last Saturday using plugs/spinners. Middle river fished 8am-3pm.
                              sigpic

Heavy Hitter Fishing
                              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X