Kenai River Silvers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SmokeRoss View Post

I don't wear bead underwear. Maybe my fishing buddy does, but I don't want to ask.
    Might be handy for fishin' but doesn't sound too comfortable.
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kenaibow fan View Post
      The easiest way to figure it out is to grab eggs you see in the water and compare them to your bead underwear.
      They were glutted out. They wanted something that was not readily available. Something different.

Comment

Whoops I didn’t even notice that, I meant to say under water.
        Sorry, couldn't help myself.
        Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeRoss View Post

Sorry, couldn't help myself.
          It was funny though! I spent 4 hours yesterday above bings yesterday, didn’t see a lot of silvers, but the trout fishing was good. Water is dropping fast!

Comment

Guess an ice **** in Skilak broke? Waters coming up, should crest by the 5th. Trout fishing on the middle is pretty good, I even found a silver today.

Comment

Guess an ice **** in Skilak broke? Waters coming up, should crest by the 5th. Trout fishing on the middle is pretty good, I even found a silver today.
              That fellow coworker is still catching silvers. Not a lot, but it seems at least one each time he goes out. He used to guide on the river so knows fish pretty well, he said he lost one at the boat that he figured was at least 17#. He loves this late season. My family hasn't caught a silver this season, including myself.
              Edit: That coworker just told me he took his boat out of the river.

Comment

Some some above bings tonight walking a gravel bar. Wouldn’t give my vibrex the time of day.

Comment

Some some above bings tonight walking a gravel bar. Wouldn’t give my vibrex the time of day.
                  And here all these years I thought you were a devout fly fisherman only.

Comment

Even the hardcore get a pass when fishing for salmon, I also like the vibrex and this year they worked well on the trout and dolly's.

Comment

Originally posted by 4merguide View Post

And here all these years I thought you were a devout fly fisherman only.
                      Lol well I wouldn’t call my self a purist but I do prefer a fly rod. About the only time I use a bait caster or spinner is when I am fishing silvers. Never had good luck with fly rods when targeting silvers. Oddly enough though I catch plenty when I am trying to catch bows!!!!!!! Speaking of bows I caught 2 silvers today bow fishing with beads. I was thrilled thinking they were both 30 inchers and then I got them to the boat. I was bummed. By the way water is still rising but still below what I would call normal for this time of year.

Comment

Got back Sunday from fishing on Saturday above Bings the 4 of us where 1 short of our limit. We did return 3 slivers and 4 bows. Fishing was good. Weather was cold and it was spitting snow off and on.

Comment

Boated another silver today, as a matter of fact today was the first day I didn’t have to really look to find them. Trout fishing is still pretty good

Comment

Boated another silver today
                            On a bead again?

Comment

Originally posted by fishunt View Post
                              Got back Sunday from fishing on Saturday above Bings the 4 of us where 1 short of our limit. We did return 3 slivers and 4 bows. Fishing was good. Weather was cold and it was spitting snow off and on.
                              What were they hitting?

Comment

Originally posted by 4merguide View Post

What were they hitting?
                                Vibrex, Quickfish, Bead. All three worked just kept switching it up. Once bite stopped switched it up to something else. As of Saturday around 2 the water had not come up any noticeable level.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X