Kenai River Silvers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fuhrerak View Post
    I think the Swiftwater gate is closed- might have to walk in.

Centennial still has a loyal morning crowd though, right at the parking lot by the launch.
    Are they catching or telling fish stories to each other?

Comment

Originally posted by Chez View Post
      Are they catching or telling fish stories to each other?
      There is normally a large group soaking eggs so it isn't a good place to go for casting hardware.
      sigpic

Heavy Hitter Fishing
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff

Comment

Just from what I have been seeing I would say both.

Comment

Water dropped like a rock and the water temp is down. Pretty windy on the river today.

Comment

Thought I would bring this thread up to the top again as it is that time of the year. I tried and tried last night to catch one on the first hand tied fly I've ever tied, but try as I did I couldn't entice a silver. All the pinks wouldn't allow it....lol. I "may" have had one as it hit a little different, but it spit the hook at the surface so fast it was hard to tell. My daughter was throwing spinners and she persisted to weed through the pinks and ended up with a nice coho.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0884.JPG Views:	26 Size:	44.8 KB ID:	2759677
            Last edited by 4merguide; 08-22-2020, 23:56.
            Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

Nice fish. Iíve been staying on the Kenai this week and bank fishing it daily but all we seem to hook into are beat up pinks. Most of the guys Iíve spoken to at the various parks all said the same. Going to try further up river tomorrow and hopefully we will find a few silvers. <br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Any updated reports? Considering taking my 8 and 10yo boys out to get them out of the house and on some fish.
                sigpic

Comment

Last Saturday the three of us fished hard and got skunked. I fished flies and my kids threw spinners. Fished all the same spots we've hit them at before, and new ones that were told have always been good. Water has dropped a bit but still hadn't cleared up very much. Still the few fresh(er) pinks loved my pink starlight egg sucking leech....unfortunately.
                  Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

Picked up a nice 8 lber yesterday between Sprotsman's and Jim's Landing. Unblushed. Caught on a 6mm bead while trout fishing.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X