No announcement yet.

Kenai River Silvers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess we'll see what happenes in the next few days after the jumpers seen along the beach. Only problem is that there may not be that many people fishing for them because they think the run is all but over. Earlier this season I was thinking they might be late this year? Let's hope so.
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

Did the annual "wall of silvers coming up the Inlet", "silver school 3 miles wide and 15 miles long", or "silvers so thick in the Inlet you can't keep them off your hooks", ever show up this year? They've been reported to be out there for at least the past 40 years. Should be some good sized ones by now!

Comment

Fished up above bings and I only saw about 10 silvers. Apparently everyone is going down stream for silvers.

Comment

I fished the lower Kenai yesterday and it was a virtual ghost town. Thinking most folks have put their river boats / silver gear away for the season.

Comment

Originally posted by iceblue View Post
            I fished the lower Kenai yesterday and it was a virtual ghost town. Thinking most folks have put their river boats / silver gear away for the season.
            Yeah, but did you catch any? See any seals catching silvers?
            Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

Ive seen plenty of seals but no silvers

Comment

I saw 3 from Skilak to bings which is a lot less then what I normally see. And I didnít see any one catching fish.

Comment

Decent fishing on the middle river this weekend. Gotta think outside the box with the low water and low #s. Spoons and spinners seemed to be the effective approach.
                  sigpic

Heavy Hitter Fishing
                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff

Comment

Originally posted by AK2AZ View Post
                    Decent fishing on the middle river this weekend.
                    Sounds like there was indeed a number of those fish seen in the salt that made it to your fishing grounds. Good deal!

Comment

Originally posted by 4merguide View Post
                      Sounds like there was indeed a number of those fish seen in the salt that made it to your fishing grounds. Good deal!
                      Pretty fresh fish...scales were just starting to set.
                      sigpic

Heavy Hitter Fishing
                      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff

Comment

Thereís chromers in the middle this week. Good thing because the bows checked out.

Comment

Lower river options - swiftwater from shore?

Iím in town for the weekend and have all day Sat to myself for some fishing...but perhaps not much catching?

No boat, just waders with both a fly rod and spinning gear.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Weíre staying at a BnB close the mouth.

Just looking for some fun - number and size really isnít the goal (freezerís already full thankfully!).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AKMooseMan View Post
                            Lower river options - swiftwater from shore?
                            Swiftwater is as good a place as any to try. If nothing, try up at Bings.

Comment

Water has come up a bit, water temp rose almost 1.5 degrees fish where more active today.

Comment

Originally posted by 4merguide View Post
                                Swiftwater is as good a place as any to try. If nothing, try up at Bings.
                                I think the Swiftwater gate is closed- might have to walk in.

Centennial still has a loyal morning crowd though, right at the parking lot by the launch.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X