eagle rock pinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AKFishfight View Post
    It must have been an outgoing, as when we got to eagle rock the water was high and when we left it was going out. but a couple days before we fished an incoming and saw a lot of chromers too. It may just be me, but I've noticed that the males are much more aggressive, and that the smaller the lure, the better, for the chrome hens. Once I got a smaller lure, we had much better luck... vibrax works good! I also saw someone using a kastmaster and catching them as well.
    Thanks that makes sense, I'll have to try sizing down!

Comment

Killey dumping mud killed the bite, but the flossin' was still off the hook. Never seen this many pinks in 40 years. Massive shoals literally moving the water..
      "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
      sigpic
      The KeenEye MD

Comment

Originally posted by fishNphysician View Post
        Killey dumping mud killed the bite, but the flossin' was still off the hook. Never seen this many pinks in 40 years. Massive shoals literally moving the water..
        If I don't catch another pink for the rest of the season I wouldn't be upset. Im so sick of them already.

Comment

Who can honestly complain if you are seeking bonafide biters? Maybe the flossers lookin' for reds… oh wait, they're not fishing for bites!

Here's a cool in-the-water pic of one of our last biters before the river blew out last Saturday...

"Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
          sigpic
          The KeenEye MD

Comment

Spinner fishing was tough tonight so I switched the out of town visitors to quick fishes and moved around since my normal favorite places were all un-fishable. Soon it was back to a fish on every few minutes. Seemed like moving up to k14s helped them find the lure in the murky water.

Comment

Short clip of the sheer abundance that swam upriver last August....

I believe this was Aug 5
              sigpic
              The KeenEye MD

Comment

My brother and I rowed our Fish Hunter raft out to the rock early Aug and stripped flies for the massive wad of Pinks in there. Most of the fish were chrome with just a few with humps out of a couple hundred. We had a fish on or double for about 4 hours straight before the pack moved through and slowed down.
                We gave flies and our spot to a father and son that couldn't get a bite. They proceeded to boat about 20 fish while we watched and had a couple beers. They were so happy after catching the biggest fish they ever caught and the first fish of their trip with only 2 days left. After they left we found a case of beer slid under our car, but we were happy just helping them out.
                FISH LIVES MATTER

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                Working...
                X