September Silver/Fishing Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September Silver/Fishing Options

My buddy and I will be moose hunting this fall and I'm just trying to see what, if any, options we would have for late silvers or anything else for mid-September. We are going to be around Fairbanks, but we're willing to rent a vehicle and drive south. I'm just looking at something we can do to kill a couple of days or so on the tail end of the trip.

Any help would be appreciated.

Head to Valdez, they will still be in the bay chasing vibrax, pixies and Coho spinners, some will even take cut herring off a bobber and leader. I fished it in september last year after a late season sheep hunt and they were still everywhere. Although the prime time will be Labor day weekend (IMO) but it varies on timing. Fish Central will flash freeze for ya and will be ready next morning, or they can even ship for ya too.

Comment

Thanks for the info...

Hadn't looked at anything for the Valdez side - was looking mostly at something towards Kenai.

Comment

Originally posted by wkevin98 View Post
        Thanks for the info...

Hadn't looked at anything for the Valdez side - was looking mostly at something towards Kenai.
        Yep, I'm still fishing silvers in Sept......
        Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

Delta Clear Water should have a few Silvers that time of year, although they aren't very silver anymore.

"I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"

Comment

Another nice option - and closer to Fairbanks, thanks Stid.

Comment

Valley River Charters

I friend of mine operates out in the Valley and does a good job with silvers.

Give Matt a call and ask what he thinks.

http://www.valleyrivercharters.com/

Walt
              Gulkana Raft Rentals
              907-259-4290

Comment

Thanks Walt.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                Working...
                X