Pinks in Hope timing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinks in Hope timing question

I want to take my grandson down to Hope to teach him how to fish. When do the pinks show up in good numbers? Anybody been down there yet this year?

Even year so it could be later towards the end of July for the first serious numbers to hit. I seldom go there before mid July. I try to skip the third weekend due to the wagon wheel run and little parking around town that saturday.

These threads will help sort out the history and timing.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...s-in-yet/page2

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...-in-hope/page2

Comment

Pinks are being caught from both sides in Valdez, got a first hand report from this last weekend posted on FB Page on 5 July:

Today in Valdez: Leland Robertson found some shoreline success with a few pink salmon in Valdez, this one from the city dock fishing pier. Thanks for the report Leland!

He said he caught some near Allison Point also, was using Kodiak Custom Fish Tackle GI skirted spinners.
      sigpic
      Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
      www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Comment

I would suspect it wont be long befoe the pinks can be caught in decent numbers out of Hope. I have caught them as early as the 4th of July on even years.
        sigpic
        Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
        www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Comment

Originally posted by AK Ray View Post
          I seldom go there before mid July. I try to skip the third weekend due to the wagon wheel run and little parking around town that saturday.
          I'm glad you reminded me of the Wagon Wheel Run. I've been down there when this was going on and it's a mad house.

Looking forward to putting a fly rod in my grandson's hands and letting him learn how to drift a fly....

Thanks for all the info to all of you. Love this board...

Comment

I usually go during the big dipnetting weekends to get out of town and have done well, I'm thinking that would be by next weekend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Was in Hope on Friday. Saw several Pinks caught in about ten minutes by the eight people that were fishing.
              “Move that fat ass Henry!”
              “Don’t swing your balls or you’ll swamp the boat!"

Comment

Don’t want to hijack the thread, but I too would like to take my boys down and am wondering what you guys recommend for lures?
                “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

Comment

anything shiny, humpies are not that picky, pixies and spinners.
                  hook, line, sinker, done.

Comment

I like drifting either a green or purple wooly bugger or egg sucking leech. The water is usually clear enough to watch the pinks strike them as they drift in front of them. Lots of fun. Looking forward to it....

Comment

I like to use pink or chartreuse or any combination of the two, I use coho flies meant for red fishing and drift them sort of like flipping for reds. As the previous poster mentioned you can watch them actually hit them. Cut them down so they are only about an inch long. The hope pinks are small and bigger lures tend to spook them in the clear water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone got a recent report? Think I might run down Sat morning with the youngest kiddo..

Comment

Report: It will be a F**KING Madhouse zoo.

Originally posted by trailblazersteve View Post
                          Anyone got a recent report? Think I might run down Sat morning with the youngest kiddo..
                          "Essential......to Prepping for Survival, is to be able to segregate, what you think will happen, from what you hope will happen, from what you fear will happen, from what is happening".

Comment

Originally posted by AGL4now View Post
                            Report: It will be a F**KING Madhouse zoo.
                            LOL, well that must mean there's fish correct? Come on down and join us!

Comment

Any last minute updates? We're heading down in the early am..

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X