X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• willphish4food
    replied
    Originally posted by FishGod View Post
    Live release of pike is prohibited in freshwaters of West Cook Inlet and Susitna River Drainage. See link below.

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/re...Freshwater.pdf

Red ***** Lake drains into Flat Horn Lake, which drains into the Susitna River.
    While technically correct, the regulations for Red Shirt lake are in the Knik Drainage portion of the booklet, and not included in either the Su Drainage or West Cook Inlet. See map here. It stinks, as the regulation should be applied to all waters where pike are present due to illegal introduction.

Leave a comment:

• FishGod
    replied
    Originally posted by redale View Post
    Just watched a segment on Channel 2 about pike fishing on Red **** lake I think. The lake doesn't matter. I thought the fishing regulations say you can not return pike to the water. Yet the TV folks just did return the pike to the water. Have I missed something new in the regs?
    Live release of pike is prohibited in freshwaters of West Cook Inlet and Susitna River Drainage. See link below.

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/re...Freshwater.pdf

Red ***** Lake drains into Flat Horn Lake, which drains into the Susitna River.

Leave a comment:

• redale
    replied
    I stand corrected. Thanks I'll keep that in mind.

Leave a comment:

• ak_cowboy
    replied
    It's not illegal in the big lake drainage, but notrecommended

sent from my igloo

Leave a comment:

• redale
    started a topic Channel 2 Pike fishing

Channel 2 Pike fishing

Just watched a segment on Channel 2 about pike fishing on Red **** lake I think. The lake doesn't matter. I thought the fishing regulations say you can not return pike to the water. Yet the TV folks just did return the pike to the water. Have I missed something new in the regs?

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X