Kasilof kings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kasilof kings

Any news on Kasilof king fishing? Recommendations on a charter captain?

Originally posted by NORTH2AK View Post
    Any news on Kasilof king fishing? Recommendations on a charter captain?
    Nearing guide service he's catching fish every day! 907-252-8856

Comment

Most charters are hooking into fish everyday

Comment

Gregg brush with EZ limit
        Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

Comment

Mark Wackler at fishology

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
          Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Comment

I was down there this weekend. With as much guide pressure it is getting it will get impaired like Kenai as well if they don't restrict it somehow. I watched a guides client hook a fish wear it out, another client netted it pull it out of the water bang against the boat, row to shore, pull it out of the water multiple times for pictures and then had to revive it for 5+ minutes for it to probably go off and turn belly up. If that these cherished fish are treated all for a picture and some money to exchange hands, we won't have king fishing for any of us much longer!

Comment

Insanity. Have we learned nothing from The Kenai ?
              brad g.
              So Cal, USA
              Visit my Sporting Clays website
              http://www.ysr-racer.com

Comment

Originally posted by dieNqvrs View Post
                I was down there this weekend. With as much guide pressure it is getting it will get impaired like Kenai as well if they don't restrict it somehow. I watched a guides client hook a fish wear it out, another client netted it pull it out of the water bang against the boat, row to shore, pull it out of the water multiple times for pictures and then had to revive it for 5+ minutes for it to probably go off and turn belly up. If that these cherished fish are treated all for a picture and some money to exchange hands, we won't have king fishing for any of us much longer!
                Where in the hell are the fish cops when ya need them.........huh?
                Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 4merguide View Post
                  Where in the hell are the fish cops when ya need them.........huh?
                  There on the Kenai wondering where all the fisherman are.

Comment

Greed and narcissism know no bounds!

Comment

Been on the river a lot and noticed a lot of people fighting fish to death. Please, land your fish quickly, and when they run down stream into the fast water, don't stand there and hold it in the current, follow it down around the corner and into slack water. Seen several fish played to death being fought against the heavy current areas.

Comment

Originally posted by dieNqvrs View Post
                        Its already over for this river too, it wont sustain that kind of pressure and its been that way the past two years already.

Comment

Originally posted by live4chrome View Post
                          Been on the river a lot and noticed a lot of people fighting fish to death. Please, land your fish quickly, and when they run down stream into the fast water, don't stand there and hold it in the current, follow it down around the corner and into slack water. Seen several fish played to death being fought against the heavy current areas.
                          I've noticed that a lot up here. People go to the river with inadequate gear for catch and release fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by AaronP View Post
                            I've noticed that a lot up here. People go to the river with inadequate gear for catch and release fishing.
                            In my opinion it should be single barbless hooks as well.

Comment

Ironically in the mid 90's it had just as much guide issues as it does now. There's just a load of people fishing that river! With the kenai closures/limit's its only getting worse. It's been a few years but I remember not having room to get into a hole without being on top of another boat!

As the state goes to more and more limited or complete closures, the other rivers we're fishing will get just as hammered.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X