Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenai King sonar count ?

Anyone know what the daily count is ?

It was 28 per day the last three days. Slightly less than three hundred cumulative so far as I recall . Slightly better than last year but that isn't saying much. Hope they are late but it isn't looking very good so far.

Comment

DISMALů.

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/sf/FishCo...n.kenaiChinook
      "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
      sigpic
      The KeenEye MD

Comment

Good thing those dirty set netters don't have their nets out 😝

Comment

When will tye just shut te river down go all king fishing?? It should have happened years ago but the god**** greedy charter guys just think about the money not the fact that try are killing some if the very few kings that are returning. They are just as much to blame as anyone else is time to take some responsibility.

Comment

Originally posted by homer907 View Post
            When will tye just shut te river down go all king fishing?? It should have happened years ago but the god**** greedy charter guys just think about the money not the fact that try are killing some if the very few kings that are returning. They are just as much to blame as anyone else is time to take some responsibility.
            This is a distraction from the real problem. It ain't a freshwater problem, it's an ocean problem. Google ADF&G's Tom Vania to see what he says is causing the statewide crisis of the king population.

If you don't believe it's an ocean issue, care to explain why Ship Creek, a king fishery that is 100% hatchery, isn't getting their fish back. How about the Kasilof? It's enhanced too and the run is terrible. What about the Nelson River which has no sport fishing for kings and their fish aren't coming back as well.

Sport fisherman and commercial fisherman should both be pi**ed about why the kings aren't coming back instead of fighting with each other.

Comment

Originally posted by penguin View Post
              This is a distraction from the real problem. It ain't a freshwater problem, it's an ocean problem. Google ADF&G's Tom Vania to see what he says is causing the statewide crisis of the king population.

If you don't believe it's an ocean issue, care to explain why Ship Creek, a king fishery that is 100% hatchery, isn't getting their fish back. How about the Kasilof? It's enhanced too and the run is terrible. What about the Nelson River which has no sport fishing for kings and their fish aren't coming back as well.

Sport fisherman and commercial fisherman should both be pi**ed about why the kings aren't coming back instead of fighting with each other.
              Agreed, honestly I think it is an ocean problem to, and some of it has to deal with pollck.

Comment

Originally posted by kenaibow fan View Post
                Agreed, honestly I think it is an ocean problem to, and some of it has to deal with pollck.
                Yup have you seen the #'s of Kings killed in by catch for pollock. craz y. ppl love their FILLET O FISH at McDs and other fast food fish. they use miles of nets and drag up every thing. all kings are 100% dead when by catch.
                Got to look good even in defeat. IMAGE is everything.

Comment

Yep each winter in the gulf 150k tons of feeder kings dumped over the sides.

Comment

Really??? Is there really no better user group to place blame on for statewide king shortages than the Kenai river guides? I am extremely impressed those guys must be the best fisherman in the world to be able to wipe out king runs from the Yukon to most of cook inlet. That's got to be some impressive bait to be able to draw fish from a thousand miles out to gang rape a hook from a charter boat.
                    Comercial catch in upper cook inlet is more every year than the total Kenai river sport/guide catch. But it's still those **** Kenai river guides. We need to keep those 350-400 guides contained because if they can do that much state wide damage fishing only one river, just imagine if they were to spread out. They would wipe out entire oceans. [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 0321Tony View Post
                      Really??? Is there really no better user group to place blame on for statewide king shortages than the Kenai river guides? I am extremely impressed those guys must be the best fisherman in the world to be able to wipe out king runs from the Yukon to most of cook inlet. That's got to be some impressive bait to be able to draw fish from a thousand miles out to gang rape a hook from a charter boat.
                      Comercial catch in upper cook inlet is more every year than the total Kenai river sport/guide catch. But it's still those **** Kenai river guides. We need to keep those 350-400 guides contained because if they can do that much state wide damage fishing only one river, just imagine if they were to spread out. They would wipe out entire oceans. [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
                      Their not responsible for the #s problem, just the size problem...

And the boat launch problem...

And the...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They have closed it. Where've you been? http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/sf/eonr/i...1909&year=2014

Comment

Yep each winter in the gulf 150k tons of feeder kings dumped over the sides.
                          This is so true. When is the last time you saw headlines about this user group? Not only Kings by-catch, but a lot of other fish and crabs. I've seen videos of the Pollack operation and it's amazing the fish they have in those nets when they bring them in. I guess they must be feeding the politicians.

M

Comment

By the way, as of Friday, May 30th...................28 Kings through the Sonar. Not updated as of 1230 June 2nd.

M

Comment

I can't believe twice as many Kings have pushed into the Anchor compared to the Kenai, and that river is dismal too.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X