Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Southeast Alaska Brook Trout Photo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Southeast Alaska Brook Trout Photo!

Hey folks, if any of you have a good photo of a brook trout from southeast Alaska that you would not mind us publishing on the site here, please let me know. Here are the stipulations:

Good color (prefer spawning phase)
    Fish must come from Southeast Alaska
    Good, unrestricted profile view of fish

If you have something like this, send me a PM or email the photo to the email address listed in my signature line.

Thanks!

-Mike
    Michael Strahan
    Site Owner
    Alaska Hunt Consultant
    1 (406) 662-1791

Grew up in Southeast and don't remember ever hearing of a brook trout population. Fished a lot of streams in ABC (Admiralty Baranof Chichagof) group, mostly Chatham side. Do you have intel to the contrary?

Comment

Michael, they are here but the place I caught them about 15 years ago is on the mainland at the head of our island. I'm not sure I can dig those prints up but will try.
      Vegetables arenít food, vegetables are what food eats.

Comment

Yes, ADF&G shows them in several rivers and lakes in the Ketchikan Management Area.
        Michael Strahan
        Site Owner
        Alaska Hunt Consultant
        1 (406) 662-1791

Comment

We have Brook Trout in several lakes around town here in Sitka. Does size matter? I needed an excuse to go catch some trout, I could certainly take a picture of one I catch in the near future If you would like.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
          Working...
          X