No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long live the king….

extended cut now on Vimeo...

"Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    sigpic
    The KeenEye MD

Absolutely awsome.....

Thanks Doc

Comment

What a fantastic piece! I hope that it will change a few of the right minds who have most of the influence. Its too bad that many "visitors" are into the smash and grab mentality. If it doesn't, the next documentary will be about saving the Pink!

Comment

Awesome video!

Sent while partying

Alaska swamp man pro staff
        I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
        but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

Comment

Awesome video. Makes me feel ashamed but at the time I didn't know about declines and things like that. When I was 17 I caught a 74 lb king at eagle rock on my uncle's boat. It was amazing. I kept the fish because that's what we always did. Now I'm 31 and it hurts my heart to know that I took one of the big breeders out of the river. There is nothing like catching a king on the Kenai. I will never keep another king as long as I live. Hope it's not too late.

Comment

What an amazing and inspiring video. It should be required viewing for all.....

Thank you.

Comment

Great video!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This is a great video!

The things that we take for granted, will come back and haunt us later in life.

AKTroutGuy :topjob:

Comment

Looking at the numbers from around the state and seeing what is happening, if you fish for those kings for the thrill of being a man, you are garbage! For the thrill is not good enough, we should be ashamed of ourselves! The guy talking about the interior kings is insane! It will be gone and when it does it wont come back!

Comment

hey muster ive been pushing to close that river salcha to catch release only for 20 years .also single hook no bait artificial lure....30 years fishing on the salcha and to say i dont care about it ,,, u dont know but if u want to call me insane do it to my face,not my back...!!!!!!!!!!!!!,

Comment

That really is a cool video and well done, but so one sided. It's got a bunch of sporties talking about what it must be, not really pointing at themselves as to any part of it (like the guys obviously targeting kings in spawning tribs for the jollies of c and r.), but of course still fishing and not taking the first step to limit themselves.

Then, you have them talking about how we still have habitat and that's why we're different from the Pacific Northwest, and Cali. Well um, most of the Pacific Northwest has fantastic, if not record breaking runs going on right now, while our pristine habitatted fish are still struggling.......well, Dorothy what have we learned......okay, I'll tell you. It's more about the ocean conditions at some life stage that differs between southern and northern fish that is negating our differences in habitat quality. So in a few years when this turns around again and the south is in the tank and the north is waist deep in kings, through no real change in either management or useage, and then we will finally realize (maybe) that we are not as important as we think we are and that things will flux if we are, or are not, part of the picture.

I support conservative management in the interim, because to pound on them when they are down is a bad thing, but our conservation at this point is NOT what is going to bring them back, it's something beyond our control and we just need to be nice to them until then. All this hoopla over kings will disspipate after we get two good years back again, and will rear it's ugly head in ten or 15 years when things cycle back down. The data is there, one just needs to look at it.

Comment

here we go,, salcha river fishing gos on only in the first 2 miles of this river ;; Not in the spawning tribs. up river 50 to 100 mi. this is the largest run in the interior allways makes exscapement...this run is not over fished because table fair is low....few kings keeped. less than 10% fng numbers...i will tell u this its 1 hen to 10 males on this river fng numbers . they target hens down river with the com. openers.... but will see wats there with total closer.....im fine with that only if they start the counts on time ,,,,,,,,last year we made exscapement in three days but thay started the counts 12 days late this can all be backed up by fng fish counts # sorry for spelling.... mabey ill see u in juneau when i come down for my hatchery kings....??.... would.like to catch a white king ....good story ..

Comment

Wonderful video!! I love the look on the last guys face as he watches that big fish swim away!! It is a wonderful feeling.

Comment

Footer Ad Module 300 x 300

Collapse

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X