Little susitna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little susitna

Im tagging along with some friends next weekend for a 3 day float down the little su. We are putting in at millers reach and taking out at Burma landing. Was curious if there was any decent fishing? Salmon be running? Or is there decent bow fishing?

It is too early for any decent salmon fishing. Rainbows are spotty, you might find a few dollies though.

This years EO (so far...) - King salmon harvest in the Little Susitna River is restricted to Saturdays, Sundays, and Mondays only. King salmon harvest (of any size) is prohibited on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays; fishing, but not harvest of king salmon is allowed on these days. King salmon that are intended to be released may not be removed from the water and must be released immediately.
    AKmud
    sigpic

The porcupine is a peaceful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Comment

Ok. Thanks for the reply. I'll take the trout rod out n see what I can find. I'll let you know if I found anything.

Comment

Originally posted by AKmud View Post
        It is too early for any decent salmon fishing. Rainbows are spotty, you might find a few dollies though.

This years EO (so far...) - King salmon harvest in the Little Susitna River is restricted to Saturdays, Sundays, and Mondays only. King salmon harvest (of any size) is prohibited on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays; fishing, but not harvest of king salmon is allowed on these days. King salmon that are intended to be released may not be removed from the water and must be released immediately.
        Do you think they'll ever come into reality and shut it down completely for a few years?
        brad g.
        So Cal, USA
        Visit my Sporting Clays website
        http://www.ysr-racer.com

Comment

Originally posted by ysr_racer View Post
          Do you think they'll ever come into reality and shut it down completely for a few years?
          I sure hope so....they are slowly allowing another excellent fishery be destroyed...
          AKmud
          sigpic

The porcupine is a peaceful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Comment

How bad do you think it has to get before Fish and Game steps in?
            brad g.
            So Cal, USA

Comment

I hope not any worse, the more the runs crash the longer it'll take for them to come back

Comment

A friend of mine saw two kings caught at the mouth of the Deshka today.
                Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Comment

Originally posted by AKmud View Post

This years EO (so far...) - King salmon harvest in the Little Susitna River is restricted to Saturdays, Sundays, and Mondays only.
                  Why would they let you catch and kill on the two busiest days of the week, and make you catch and release on three of the four slowest. Shouldn't be the other way around?
                  brad g.
                  So Cal, USA

Comment

Check out the little su daily fishing report at fish4salmon.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X