Big lake? Open yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big lake? Open yet?

Anyone know the status on big lake of late? Thanks!
    sigpic

Release Lake Trout

http://www.newtrawn.com/mikecam/biglakewebcam.jpg

Comment

Haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

****. Not much longer. Thanks.
        sigpic

Release Lake Trout

Comment

still covered (at the south port area) as of yesterday pm.

Comment

Is it boatable on the north end yet? Anyone?
            sigpic

Release Lake Trout

Comment

What took that so long to break up? We've been boating most of the lakes on the Kenai for nearly 2 weeks now (excluding high elevations, such as Summit). With the way the weather has gone, I figured the valley would be sprouting crops by now.
              Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Comment

Big Lake always takes its time, last year there was an endless parade of jet skis turning around and heading home on Memorial Day weekend. Wasilla lake and lake Lucille have been open a couple weeks. Could be the lack of wind on big lake.
                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
                Unknown author

Comment

Weird. Even Kenai Lake was completely ice free two weeks ago. I haven't been back into Skilak yet (the road always sucks this time of year with mud pits and all), but I would be surprised if places like Hidden Lake weren't completely open by then as well.

I was nice getting the canoe out and doing some paddling on the first weekend of May when it's historically closer to Memorial Day before we are doing that. Mother Nature might have robbed us of our winter, but I think we're going to have a brilliant summer. Weather predictors are for warmer than normal and earlier than normal. So far that's bearing true.
                  Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Comment

North shore launch was open this weekend. There was a big sheet of ice the looked like it might be landlocking burkeshore.
                    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
                    Unknown author

Comment

Originally posted by JOAT View Post
                      Weird. Even Kenai Lake was completely ice free two weeks ago. I haven't been back into Skilak yet (the road always sucks this time of year with mud pits and all), but I would be surprised if places like Hidden Lake weren't completely open by then as well.

I was nice getting the canoe out and doing some paddling on the first weekend of May when it's historically closer to Memorial Day before we are doing that. Mother Nature might have robbed us of our winter, but I think we're going to have a brilliant summer. Weather predictors are for warmer than normal and earlier than normal. So far that's bearing true.

Hidden was wide open this weekend. It was beautiful. Skilak has been ice free for weeks now.
                      sigpic

Release Lake Trout

Comment

Yes Big Lake is open and ready for people to get out and enjoy the Summer.You can like Great Holiday Campgrounds on Facebook,they post updates when the lake ice goes out.They run the state campgrounds at North and South Big Lake.They also rent jet ski's.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X