X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting video

http://youtu.be/vblWzuo2wTg

NOT!!!!!!!!
    "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    sigpic
    The KeenEye MD

Comment

Wouldn't a rod and reel be easier...

Comment

…if its legal, spearfishing sport fish in their environment is quite the thrill; in my youth I did this many times in Florida until regulations changed; great memories; there was a time when you could take goliath grouper (now protected) with a gun; once I was in on the take-down of a 240 pounder with four men and an explosive powerhead; those days are gone, I'm well satisfied now to peruse smaller quarry with traditional rod and reel and leave the larger brood stock alone...

Rosenberg;Florida
        "Two decades researching and defining fishing opportunities in the Last Frontier!"

Comment

We like to do it with carp but I could never do it to a salmon our trout. I do it to deer and elk but for some reason it just feels messed up doing that to salmon or trout.

Comment

I think this pretty much pushes the limit of "unsporting" in my opinion. I mean, come on! Does "shooting fish in a barrel" ring a bell?

Comment

Why the judgements, it is a legal method of taking fish. Don't like it, don't do it.

Comment

I wouldn't jump in the copper and try it but I would sure prefer this to dip netting as a subsistence harvest method.

Comment

Originally posted by .338WM View Post
                  Why the judgements, it is a legal method of taking fish. Don't like it, don't do it.
                  NOT legal on the KP
                  "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
                  sigpic
                  The KeenEye MD

Comment

Is it more or less sporting than flossing?

Certainly looks like more fun than flossing.

And it doesn't suffer from that whole pretending-to-fish thing.

Comment

Originally posted by fishNphysician View Post
                      NOT legal on the KP
                      I did not claim, nor imply, that it is.

Comment

Looks better than dip netting or snagging. You only take the ones you want and no C&R to harm unwanted fish like thrill seekers do!

Comment

When they allow people to snag salmon in some places, as well as it being perfectly fine to dip them out of the water by the hundreds with big nets, I have no qualms with flossing or...... spearfishing a few. But I would like to know where it says it is, or isn't legal to do...???

I think if I was doing this tho, I would be a bit more worried about the big brownie I didn't see returning to his personal fishing hole and finding me in it...!!!
                          Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

Re: spearfishing in Southcentral Alaska

Originally posted by .338WM View Post
                            I did not claim, nor imply, that it is.
                            From the 2014 ADFG pamphlet for Southcentral Alaska...

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/re...mpleteBook.pdf

Freshwater sport fishing: (1) Fish may not be taken in fresh water by means of (a) fixed or weighted hooks and lures (except those of standard manufacture), (b) multiple hooks with gap between point and shank larger than . inch, except as permitted in the Arctic-Yukon-Kuskokwim area, (c) spear, unless permitted by area regulations, or (d) arrow, unless permitted by area regulations;

The only exception permitted in Southcentral AK is northern pike… page 16

Northern pike may be taken by spear, sport fishing gear, ice fishing gear, or by bow and arrow (the arrow must be attached to the bow with a line and the arrow must have a barbed tip).

The exception is repeated here on page 22

• Northern pike may be taken by spear, sport fishing gear, ice fishing gear, or bow and arrow. The arrow must have a barbed tip and be attached to the bow with a line.
                            sigpic
                            The KeenEye MD

Comment

Originally posted by fishNphysician View Post
                              From the 2014 ADFG pamphlet for Southcentral Alaska...

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/re...mpleteBook.pdf

Freshwater sport fishing: (1) Fish may not be taken in fresh water by means of (a) fixed or weighted hooks and lures (except those of standard manufacture), (b) multiple hooks with gap between point and shank larger than . inch, except as permitted in the Arctic-Yukon-Kuskokwim area, (c) spear, unless permitted by area regulations, or (d) arrow, unless permitted by area regulations;

The only exception permitted in Southcentral AK is northern pike… page 16

Northern pike may be taken by spear, sport fishing gear, ice fishing gear, or by bow and arrow (the arrow must be attached to the bow with a line and the arrow must have a barbed tip).

The exception is repeated here on page 22

• Northern pike may be taken by spear, sport fishing gear, ice fishing gear, or bow and arrow. The arrow must have a barbed tip and be attached to the bow with a line.
                              What are you trying to argue with me? READ EXACTLY what I posted, then try to understand it, please.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X