Whos going to the russian opener!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whos going to the russian opener!!!!!

Ill be down there bout 9:00pm friday night, any ones welcome to stop by for some late night burgers if they want.

Originally posted by The Great White Hunter View Post
    Ill be down there bout 9:00pm friday night, any ones welcome to stop by for some late night burgers if they want.
    I rarely miss an opening day on the Russian, but this year I'll be up on the Yetna on the 11th. We did get a campsite at the Russian for the 13th through the 15th, though, so I'll be there soon enough.

Comment

If I show up on the 21st, will there still be fish in the river?
      brad g.
      So Cal, USA
      Visit my Sporting Clays website
      http://www.ysr-racer.com

Comment

I'm not brave enough to go down on a weekend opener, I would go if it was on a wednesday or something, the russian opener will be on the 13th for me.
        Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
        "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
        I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

Comment

Originally posted by ysr_racer View Post
          If I show up on the 21st, will there still be fish in the river?
          I'd say yea.. perfect timing,,,,,,,http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/sf/FishCo...displayResults

Comment

I'll be down there Friday night around 8pm. Great White where you going to be at? I have a camper on my truck, I was just thinking of sleeping in it around the ferry gate but if there's burgers and beer I'm up for that.
            "Safety does not happen by accident, it's a choice"

Comment

i may just hafta go....its opens THIS friday?
              sigpic

Release Lake Trout

Comment

Originally posted by Hunt&FishAK View Post
                i may just hafta go....its opens THIS friday?
                Saturday June 11th..

Comment

You'd have to pay me to be there. I'll find somewhere with about 5,000 fewer people to fish....lol. Don't know how you guys can stand it, honestly, but sounds like you have fun. To each his own!

Comment

Having fished it since the days when "combat" meant a person every 20' instead of 20", it's hard to explain the attraction.

But come Saturday, I'll be there with a Hobbit in tow, hopefully she'll continue the tradition someday with her Kiddos....

Of course these days, we float past the confluence and find a lil' more privacy and room further downstream..
                    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
                    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Comment

Originally posted by coho slayer View Post
                      You'd have to pay me to be there. I'll find somewhere with about 5,000 fewer people to fish....lol. Don't know how you guys can stand it, honestly, but sounds like you have fun. To each his own!
                      I hear you - I intensely dislike crowds - but space can be found if you look for it. These pictures were taken on the opener two years ago:

A friend and his son:

My wife and I with our oldest:

And two days after the opener with my nephew:

There were only a handful of other people in sight at any given time that we were fishing. The crowds down at the confluence? Others can keep 'em.

Comment

If all other plans fail.. Ill head down
                        -Its better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.
                        -Put some excitment between your legs, ride a polaris!
                        -Local 907 Riders Union
                        http://www.youtube.com/user/AKMackdaddy?feature=mhee

Comment

Originally posted by coho slayer View Post
                          It ain't so bad in fact i really enjoy it, I've met folks on the Kenai/ Russian as far back as ten years ago that i still stay in contact with.
                          I can find a place to have all to myself for fishing anyday of the week, but i have to travel nearly 2000 miles to find a crowd like that to fish with.
                          I worry a little about taking a hook or sinker to the eye or taking a shot to the teeth from a sinker but as long as you (((ALWAYS))) wear eye protection and stay alert to your surroundings it's all good..

Comment

Last year a guy walks by us with a hook in his ear........we look at the hook and sure enough it is a number 3 / 4 hook..........on the Russian..........oh I would have been pissed

Comment

The wife wants to go down there this weekend......I have always avoided the opening weeks on the Russian and prefer going during the middle of the week.....regardless it cant get crazy down there. Haven't had a hook or sinker to the head yet *knock on wood* while down there, been pretty lucky over the years not to get tangled with someones gear, but I always take my "annual swim" down the Russian....its so nice when you have an extra pair of dry clothes waiting for you back at the parking lot
                              Hate America??....then get the Hell Out!!!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X