Watson Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watson Lake

June and I hit it this weekend...Nothing huge....10's 12's and some 14's....Good shake down run for the motor. Meet up with some fellow forum members and just enjoyed the day on the water and evening around camp......:nyanya:
    Attached Files
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Testing your electric trolling motor sounds good since Watson lake is part of the canoe trail in the Kenai refuge. No gas motors, but I could be wrong. Tight lines.
    Only those that can see the invisible can do the impossible.

Comment

Nice Chuck! Sounds like you had a great time!

Fish On!
      You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Comment

Originally posted by akriverman View Post
        Testing your electric trolling motor sounds good since Watson lake is part of the canoe trail in the Kenai refuge. No gas motors, but I could be wrong. Tight lines.
        Is that the one he is talking about? Because the one in Canada on the AK hwy came to mind when I saw the thread title.

Comment

Originally posted by kenaibow fan View Post
          Is that the one he is talking about? Because the one in Canada on the AK hwy came to mind when I saw the thread title.
          No it is on the peninsula before sterling....If it is electric only I broke the law. I have been running a moter on it since 79. the feds even stopped by and talked with me for a while. Never said a word about it......It is near the trail system but I have seen motors on it for years....Nothing on the signs about them not allowed either...Just no jet skies or water sking.

Comment

Originally posted by alaskachuck View Post
            No it is on the peninsula before sterling....If it is electric only I broke the law. I have been running a moter on it since 79. the feds even stopped by and talked with me for a while. Never said a word about it......It is near the trail system but I have seen motors on it for years....Nothing on the signs about them not allowed either...Just no jet skies or water sking.

Ahhhhh ok, gotcha. Maybe it's one of those "no jets" lakes? There is a fwe out here in the valley. But I have noticed at lakes with a public use launch, it is well posted if you can use motors or not.

Comment

Checked the web site.

I was wrong. Chuck is right. Tight lines.
              Only those that can see the invisible can do the impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by akriverman View Post
                Checked the web site.

I was wrong. Chuck is right. Tight lines.
                No worries....I just tend to obey the law ......Dont need any of them there citations....It is a good little lake to fish and put about 3 hours on the motor.....started on the 6th pull after a winter of storage and never missed a beat. figured I might want to check it out there before I run the canyon and hit skilak

Comment

No worries....I just tend to obey the law ......Dont need any of them there citations....It is a good little lake to fish and put about 3 hours on the motor.....started on the 6th pull after a winter of storage and never missed a beat. figured I might want to check it out there before I run the canyon and hit skilak

No kiddin........that would be a long way to row!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yeah, that's what I thought too.
                    I said WTH is he doing in the Yukon. LOL
                    sigpic
                    www.arcticangler.ca
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy_7mPiqoqw&t=11s

Comment

Originally posted by DRIFTER_016 View Post
                      Yeah, that's what I thought too.
                      I said WTH is he doing in the Yukon. LOL
                      LOL ok well now I don't feel so bad since I wasn't the only one. I kinda though maybe he was going to see you........and meet half way?????

Comment

LOL ok well now I don't feel so bad since I wasn't the only one. I kinda though maybe he was going to see you........and meet half way?????
                        That is one hell of a drive to shake down a motor....oh and to see dave

Comment

That is one hell of a drive to shake down a motor....oh and to see dave
                          yeah besides he'll just show up this fall any way..........LOL

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X