First King of the Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First King of the Season

Hit the Little Su this weekend hoping to catch a king and was rewarded. After being stuck in Kotzebue for work overnight, I just new my luck had to change. Got to the river about 9:30PM Friday and had this hen on the bank by 10:30 right before closing. These newbs had a great weekend, I ended up also catching a Jack the next day. 900Fusion was successfull as well. :topjob:

Today however sucked, must have rained up in the headwaters as the water was up about a foot and visibilty in the water was next to nothing. Hope everyone had a great weekend, back to work tomorrow...bummer.:shot:

Fish On!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2021.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	2509765
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Looks nice! Did use a boat to get where you were or can you walk and fish on the little su? I've only been on the little su with a guide and he took us from burma quite a ways south. I couldn't tell if there was much bank fishing available.

Comment

yes there is plenty of bank fishing area on the little su at berma. there are trails all over the place

Comment

Niiiiice Fish!!!!

Comment

O great now there goes that secret fishing spot! Good looking King. Good job Cox!!

Comment

Originally posted by power drifter View Post
            O great now there goes that secret fishing spot! Good looking King. Good job Cox!!
            haha...yes, big secret. LMAO!

Fish On!

Comment

What a chromer! Great looking fish.
              http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Comment

Originally posted by bigcox View Post
                Today however sucked, must have rained up in the headwaters as the water was up about a foot and visibilty in the water was next to nothing.
                No rain, just the sun melting more snow at a faster rate than normal. Weather like this makes for high ugly water quickly.

Comment

no rain in the headwaters (well a few sprinkles) but tons of heat, 75 two days in a row, should be peaking this evening and I think flow will descend rather rapidly with cooler weather in our future, and the snow has largely departed rather quickly. The dog and I have been swimming above the edgerton parks bridge a few times in this heat and yesterday there was all kinds of debris in the water and had definitely lost it's nice turquoise sheen. Usually the high water only lasts a few days though.

Nice fishy, sorry about the vibrax!

Comment

Nice fish!!Just a bit jealous though,20hrs later we only got two and that beast makes em look like jacks!

Comment

Sweet Fish!!

Comment

Awesome fish. Looks like a #6 vibrax. Way to go!

Comment

"This is pointless" haha nice fish buddy was another great adventure on the water with ya! here is my first king.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	king season 2011.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	2479789
                          -Tight Lines & head shakin
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 900fusion View Post
                            "This is pointless" haha nice fish buddy was another great adventure on the water with ya! here is my first king.
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]49427[/ATTACH]
                            haha..."this is a waste of time" Classic!

Fish On!

Comment

Originally posted by andweav View Post
                              no rain in the headwaters (well a few sprinkles) but tons of heat, 75 two days in a row, should be peaking this evening and I think flow will descend rather rapidly with cooler weather in our future, and the snow has largely departed rather quickly. The dog and I have been swimming above the edgerton parks bridge a few times in this heat and yesterday there was all kinds of debris in the water and had definitely lost it's nice turquoise sheen. Usually the high water only lasts a few days though.

Nice fishy, sorry about the vibrax!
                              Are you sure it isn't rain in the headwaters or mountains? Hasn't it been sunny out there all week?

Originally posted by Kotton View Post
                              Nice fish!!Just a bit jealous though,20hrs later we only got two and that beast makes em look like jacks!
                              I understand, had to keep a dinker and even record it because it was bleeding like mad when I pulled it in. Couldn't believe it, what a cradle robber! LMAO!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X