Knik lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knik lake

Having trouble finding where the grayling are. Tips?
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing it is not fish they are after."
    -Henry David Thoreau

Pike in Knik?

The regs say there are pike in Knik? Has anyone ever got a pike out there? Size?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Theone2 View Post
      Having trouble finding where the grayling are. Tips?
      I've only got small trout out there

Comment

Originally posted by Teacherman View Post
        I've only got small trout out there
        Lets see. Seen a pic of one caught there, Spoke to a guy I know who lives on the lake that says he catches hammer handles there, cruised by a fella fishning one spot in the bank last year who had been fishing that one spot for about an hour and he said he was trying to catch about a 36" pike that was laying up there, but I have never seen one or caught one myself. So I'm not a 100% sure?
        I'm Pro-Pike.

Comment

i have held 4 kids ice fishing derbies on knik lake. i have seen "a lot" of fish caught there, but have yet to see a pike or a grayling.
          www.alaskahydrographics.com

Comment

I caught a grayling in that lake about 5-6 years ago. A first for me, at least there. Thought it was a fluke or something but my buddy ended up catching one as well a year later and through the ice.

Comment

Yeah they stocked grayling years ago, but probably became part of the food chain.
              I'm Pro-Pike.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
              Working...
              X