How to catch black fish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to catch black fish?

Hey, I was wondering how you guys go about catching these little buggers, I never have caught one and it'd be cool to add to my pictures of different species....and I'm getting a little tired of fried trout, so some new flavor would be great....I was thinking of using a small dry fly (like a mosquito or something like that) on a bobber and se what happens. maybe a No 10 snell with a bit of night crawler?

Thanks! Have a good day!
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Use a small hook with bait. Try Campbell point lake in anchorage. It is hard to fish there without catching one.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Since when are there blackfish in Campbell Point Lake? (Beer Can, Little Campbell)
      Download the free Alaska fishing app FISH FINDER for Iphone!
      www.alaskatacklerental.com

Comment

I caught one out at Campbell Point Lake (beer can) 2 winters back. Pink shrimp through the ice, just off the bottom. Had no idea what it was when I caught it, another guy out there told me what it was. I released it but kind of wish I had kept it and tried it out, hear they are decent eating.

Comment

Any time I've ever caught one was off the bottom, and any bait will do. Just sit and wait.

Comment

I caught one with my hands at the tailrace one day.
            Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
            "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
            I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

Comment

Hm.... I might have to take a look again. Now, we are still talking about the fish that looks like the mutant offspring of a burbot and pike, right?
              Download the free Alaska fishing app FISH FINDER for Iphone!
              www.alaskatacklerental.com

Comment

My son and I caught quite a few at beer can this last winter. All of them were tiny but there must be larger ones out there. They liked the single eggs we were dropping in hopes of char.

Comment

Are you speaking of sculpin , or is there some species of fish in this state I have never heard of or seen in 35 years ? By the description above it sounds like a sculpin which are common in about every water I have fished.

Comment

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/ed..._blackfish.pdf

Comment

Thanks for the link, all news to me. Now I may have to target them and see if they slipped my memory, or eluded my hook all this time.

Comment

You can catch them on nearly any bait, as mentioned above. Just make sure you don't try catch them in spawning mode or all hail will break loose. ;-)

Comment

Lol ...............

Comment

Originally posted by sayak View Post
                            You can catch them on nearly any bait, as mentioned above. Just make sure you don't try catch them in spawning mode or all hail will break loose. ;-)
                            Oh gosh, thats all I can say.....
                            Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Comment

I caught black fish out of campbell point lake at least 4 or 5 years ago. They are in Campbell Taku too. I also pulled a nice 3# rainbow out of campbell taku while ice fishing, that was not a stocked spawner.
                              It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X