ADFG "pay to park" fee stations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADFG "pay to park" fee stations

I'm looking for some info on the laws/regs concerning the ADFG "pay to park" fee stations (like the new one at Canoe Lake) where you show up, put your $5 in the envelope and put the tag on your dash... Anyone have any links or anything? I did a search but couldn't find anything.
    I also used the "Ask a trooper' forum and asked him this same question about a year ago, but that guy is about as responsive as a spawned out salmon (that's a little fish reference for ya').

Essentially, I don't mind paying my $5 to park, but if all I have in my wallet is a 20 there's no way I'm throwing that in there... I'm not trying to screw the system, I'm trying to keep the system from screwing me...

Any info would be appreciated.
    "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." -A River Runs Through It

I've had this happen as well. Short of making sure I have the right change before I go, theres not alot you can do.

The last time, I put a written note in the envelope that essentially said, "I only had a $20, if you are here when I get back I will pay you, otherwise I will pay double next time".

A buddy told my they dont even enforce the fee (ie patrol) until memorial day weekend, but Im not sure I beleive him....

Comment

D why don't you just by a park's pass?????? You pay like I think 60 dollars????????? Or maybe it was 40?????? Any way you get one of those put it on your windsheild and your good for the year. Now there are a few places were your not but those are on the kenai. But I think it is worth it.

Comment

The people that patrol the parking lots owed by Diamond down by ship creek are even worse. They had some kid taking money from the fee stations last year. Had a ticket on my truck three days in a row down there and finally watched the little ******* taking money out of the slots and putting it in his pocket. Called the company up and had all my tickets dropped. Don't know what they ever did with the kid but I never saw him again.
        Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

Comment

The parking fees at parks are charged by DNR, not ADF&G. Here is a link to the DNR web page regarding fees and annual passes. There is a FAQ page, but nothing that addresses the situation of not having exact change.

http://dnr.alaska.gov/parks/asp/fees.htm

Comment

Originally posted by dkwarthog View Post
            A buddy told my they dont even enforce the fee (ie patrol) until memorial day weekend, but I'm not sure I beleive him....
            I put a $20 bill and the envelope on my dash yesterday evening as if to say "look ******* I'm not paying you more than I have to and I'm waiting around for change"... I came back to a red envelope on my windshield. The envelope was just a regular fee envelope like you get from the fee station, but it was red... It had no instructions or anything. So what does that mean? I have no idea... I wish they'd give a little more info on what they're expecting.

Originally posted by commfish View Post
            The parking fees at parks are charged by DNR, not ADF&G. Here is a link to the DNR web page regarding fees and annual passes. There is a FAQ page, but nothing that addresses the situation of not having exact change.

http://dnr.alaska.gov/parks/asp/fees.htm
            Thanks for the link and info. That helps.
            I'd really like to see some legal information on this stuff from the state though. Something that says here is what is expected, here is what the fines are, here is what to do if you don't have exact change, and here is the laws that say we can do this... Otherwise I'm just going to put up a sign next to a vacant piece of water saying to pay $5 to park here and collect on that and it will be as vague and possibly just as illegal as what DNR is doing.
            "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." -A River Runs Through It

Comment

Originally posted by cube01 View Post
              Otherwise I'm just going to put up a sign next to a vacant piece of water saying to pay $5 to park here and collect on that and it will be as vague and possibly just as illegal as what DNR is doing.
              LOL Everybody wants in on the action...Last time I went to the Copper River, I pulled up to the river's edge...sat in my pickup watching the river...wind and sand blowing like hell...a guy comes up and taps on my window. He tries strongarming me for a few bucks for "parking" there...I rolled the window back up, pulled out a piece and placed it on the dashboard...resumed my business of watching the river...he left!!!
              "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
              ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Comment

Originally posted by Akres View Post
                LOL Everybody wants in on the action...Last time I went to the Copper River, I pulled up to the river's edge...sat in my pickup watching the river...wind and sand blowing like hell...a guy comes up and taps on my window. He tries strongarming me for a few bucks for "parking" there...I rolled the window back up, pulled out a piece and placed it on the dashboard...resumed my business of watching the river...he left!!!
                LOL this is hilarious.Has anyone ever just called DNR to find out what to do if we dont have exact change?
                There's a fine line between fishing....

and standing on the shore like an idiot! ALLEN BRADLEY-TANGLE LAKES ADVOCATE/FANBOY

Comment

Parking meters downtown are pretty well defined, and readily available laws and limitations justifying them... That's the whole point of me asking for information here - to find things like 11. ACC 05.010.
                  I have no problem paying $5 to park. I have a huge problem putting $20 into a hole with no information as to if I'm going to get my change back, or what the red envelope means (aside from some jerk on a forum with a snide attitude telling me what he thinks it means) aside from being red - such as am I getting a fine? Has my info been taken down? Who can I contact to verify this? and other completely logical questions.

I pay my fees just like everyone else, including the $5 in the red envelope... Like I said I'm not trying to cheat. I'm trying to not be cheated....

Comment

Originally posted by cube01 View Post
                    Parking meters downtown are pretty well defined, and readily available laws and limitations justifying them... That's the whole point of me asking for information here - to find things like 11. ACC 05.010.
                    I have no problem paying $5 to park. I have a huge problem putting $20 into a hole with no information as to if I'm going to get my change back, or what the red envelope means (aside from some jerk on a forum with a snide attitude telling me what he thinks it means) aside from being red - such as am I getting a fine? Has my info been taken down? Who can I contact to verify this? and other completely logical questions.

I pay my fees just like everyone else, including the $5 in the red envelope... Like I said I'm not trying to cheat. I'm trying to not be cheated....
                    Sorry folks, I know the above seems a little out of place... This was in response to a post that has been deleted, and then the forum admid edited it to be a little less knee-jerk and offensive towards that person.
                    Please disregard.

Comment

If you know where you like to fish costs $5 to park, bring $5. Or get your annual pass and park at any state operated site except for Little Su (Burma Landing) or Russian River. It's even good for Hatcher Pass so you can take your guests there for the day without screwing the system.

Comment

Originally posted by akfshklr View Post
                        If you know where you like to fish costs $5 to park, bring $5.
                        I think I'll be sticking to the fly fishing forum from now on...
                        Have fun with your earth worms guys.

Comment

(If you know where you like to fish costs $5 to park, bring $5)
                          The problem with this idea is some of us have been here a long time and maybe haven't been back to some old favorite spots in a year or so. How do I know where they are going to start charging to park next. Didn't even charge to camp in the good old days. Like until I read this I didn't know they started to charge at canoe lake. Maybe they need to get with the times and put in C/C, Debt card machines. Save having to hire dishonest summer help to take it.I can see cubes point. In this day don't always have the correct cash. I guess I better think about the annual pass.

Comment

...or just bring your wife and have her circle the parking lot until you get back from fishing!!! LOL...

Comment

cube I think it is bs too..............if you read the thing they wont give your money back, and if you pay extra, you don't get more then one day if it is a day parking area only. I have gone many times and not paid because there is many times I have paid 20 to park. Nothing ever happened to me, I never got a letter in the mail or a nasty voice message so I wouldnt' worry about it. But honestly as much as you go fishing it is well worth the money just to get a season pass, in all honestly I think it would save you money. I know it does for me.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X