Nancy Lake Ice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nancy Lake Ice?

How is the ice at Nancy Lake? I want to put the boat in and kill some pike.

Wandering the same thing

Been wanting to go out there as well. Pike should be in spawning mode if not already. Any reports would be great. If not I'll be heading out there this weekened to check it out.

Comment

From what I've seen just from the highway while driving by, it is totally covered in rotten honeycomb ice. Maybe someone who has stopped and looked more closely has a better report. I didnt even really notice much open water along the shoreline.

Im looking forward to wetting a pike line myself....

Comment

The fishing will probably be pretty slow until the water warms up..... herring under the bobber might be the way to go...
        "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Comment

Bump

Anybody check it out? Interested in firing up the boat and hitting some early pike, thanks..

Comment

Is there anyone from willow on here? Looking for a little help.

Comment

i went down to the boat launch yesterday. the lake is still iced over but is starting to clear up around the shore. i would expect it to be ice free next week.

Comment

Thanks N8R!

Comment

Same report today.

Comment

Not quite there yet

Half the lake is still iced over. Give it another week or two.

Comment

Yea, still pretty iced up. I dont think it'll take 2 weeks though. As long as it stays this warm or it rains, I'd expect it open for boating by next weekend hopefully.

I'll be the guy in the 16' hewescraft with the underpowered Merc jet, lol.

Comment

Thanks guys. I will try it next weekend. I'll be the guy in the 18ft tracker.

Comment

Right on! And I'll be the one on a floating air bed with a custom made weed eater outboard motor! Just kidding. I'll be in my 17.5' flying v par.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter530 View Post
                            Right on! And I'll be the one on a floating air bed with a custom made weed eater outboard motor! Just kidding. I'll be in my 17.5' flying v par.
                            I would love to see that used as a raft lol.Heck I would pay to see that.
                            There's a fine line between fishing....

and standing on the shore like an idiot! ALLEN BRADLEY-TANGLE LAKES ADVOCATE/FANBOY

Comment

LOL, I saw something almost as good out there two summers ago...looked like a raft built out of scraps of log and other assorted trash with an outboard mounted on the back. Willowbilly pontoon boat... Yeeehaw!!!

BTW, There is ALOT of water showing on Nancy Lake, anyone been to the launch to check it out?

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X