Sewing Needle Glo Bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sewing Needle Glo Bug

2. take 2 pieces of yarn and secure in same spot as thread (Mcfly Foam)

Click image for larger version

Name:	sewing needle glo bug 003.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	2509441

1. tie on thread

Name:	sewing needle glo bug 002.jpg
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	2509442
    -Tight Lines & head shakin
    sigpic

4. tie in another piece of yarn for blood dot on top then whip finish where you did your wraps to secure the yarn.

Name:	sewing needle glo bug 005.jpg
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	2478842

3. tie in another piece of yarn on under side of needle

Name:	sewing needle glo bug 004.jpg
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	2478843
    sigpic

Comment

6. Slide off needle and touch up excess yarn.

Name:	sewing needle glo bug 001.jpg
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	2478845

5. Trim top and bottom yarn.

Name:	sewing needle glo bug 006.jpg
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	2478844
      sigpic

Comment

This is what it should look like.

Name:	sewing needle glo bug 007.jpg
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	2478846
        sigpic

Comment

Now how to use them. Taking a needle feed fishing line thru needle, push it thru the center making sure you go thru the thread core tie on hook and hit the water. Enjoy!

Name:	sewing needle glo bug 009.jpg
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	2478848

Name:	sewing needle glo bug 008.jpg
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	2478847
          sigpic

Comment

Very cool.
            You could also thread the tippet material through while the original needle is still in it if you wanted to save time while on the water.

I'm loving these posts of yours 900... I think I'm going to experiment with these tonight by trying to sneak some lead in there somewhere to eliminate some of the need for a split shot.

Note that your instructions are upside down in each post (step 2 before step 1, step 4 before step 3, etc...) - you may want to think about adding them in reverse order in each post.
            "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." -A River Runs Through It

Comment

good idea on the lead part gonna have to go to the vise now, as for adding the tippet before you tie on the yarn... i thought about that but i like the idea of free movement of the fly. i tried to set up the step by step to read from bottom to top
              sigpic

Comment

just tied one up did 4 wraps of lead wire. sorry for the crappy pics. the lead leaves a hole to tread your line thru.

Name:	sewing needle glo bug 011.jpg
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	2478850
                sigpic

Comment

you guys are fly nerds! LOL I have to say I like the post though.

Comment

Originally posted by kenaibow fan View Post
                    you guys are fly nerds! LOL I have to say I like the post though.
                    Your probably right. but hey its not a bead but a fly and which by regs state that the russian is fly only during a certain time.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 900fusion View Post
                      Your probably right. but hey its not a bead but a fly and which by regs state that the russian is fly only during a certain time.
                      Sweet! Are you sure it would be legal during fly only time before August 23 or whatever it is?

Fish On!
                      You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Comment

Originally posted by bigcox View Post
                        Sweet! Are you sure it would be legal during fly only time before August 23 or whatever it is?

Fish On!
                        i dont see why not being its basically a glo bug, just not attached to the hook.
                        sigpic

Comment

I think it still is classified as an attractor. It needs to be attached to the hook to be legal. I tie these on small tube flies rapped in lead. But that's usually only garcia's for steelies.

Comment

So ive spent the past hour on ADF&G website trying to find out more info. this is all i could come up with.

-Gear for fly-fishing-only waters: In waters designated as fly-fishing-only waters, sport fishing is permitted only as follows: (1) with not more than one unweighted, single-hook fly with gap between point and shank of 3/8 inch or less; (2) Weights may only be used 18 inches or more ahead of the fly; (3) Beads not attached to the fly are not allowed

-artificial fly means a fly which is constructed by common methods known as fly tying, including a dry fly, wet fly, and nymph, which is free of bait as defined below. Materials and chemicals designed and produced primarily to cause flies to float or sink may be used on artificial flies.

-artificial lure means a lure that is manmade, free of bait as defined below, and is used to attract fish for the purpose of taking them, and includes artificial flies.

I could not find anything that warrants it illegal. Im not trying to call you out Slayintrout, just sharing what ive found. Now i do have one question if its not live bait or dead bait or even scent doesnt that constitute the lure/fly as an attractant thus making them all illegal? Weather or not its directly attached to the hook it is man made by method of fly tying which does not have any scent or any inhancements other than raw yarn to catch fish. If some one finds any info please let me know. Dont want to go and get in trouble.

-Tight Lines
                            sigpic

Comment

Those are some very nice artifical beads, 900!

I think I'd have to side with Slayintrout on the legality in flyfishing only waters. I'd be skeptical to use it - I think the big difference is it's not attached to the hook, and therefore falls in the "attractor" category. But then again, some intruders and tube flies likely wouldn't be considered flies, either, by that logic - so who knows :confused:
                              Pursue happiness with diligence.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X