Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smelt/Hooligan/Candlefish........or what ever you like to call them Pattern!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Smelt/Hooligan/Candlefish........or what ever you like to call them Pattern!

    Tying up some more bait fish patterns to hit the salt with and this is what i came up with for a Smelt/Hooligan or Candlefish pattern.

    Materials:
    Back: Silver Flash
    Main Body: Angel Silk Grey
    Belly: UV Minnow Belly
    Head: 3D eyes with Epoxy

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Epoxy candle fish 001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	2509707Click image for larger version

Name:	Smelt4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	2509706
    -Tight Lines & head shakin
    sigpic

  • #2
    Very Nice..

    Comment


    • #3
      Very good immitation...
      I've only been tying to replace what I've lost so far this fishing season. LoL.

      Also been playing around a bit with adding weed guards, but haven't perfected that yet.
      "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." -A River Runs Through It

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by cube01 View Post
        Very good immitation...
        I've only been tying to replace what I've lost so far this fishing season. LoL.

        Also been playing around a bit with adding weed guards, but haven't perfected that yet.
        weed guard huh?????????why would you need to do that unless you were fishing in a........oh what's that thing called again?????? Oh yeah a lake! LOL

        All jokes aside I think the easist way to do that is with a rubber band............but then again I have never tried to tie a fly with a weed guard and it seems like a tough one. If you se a rubber band you don't have to tie it in.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by kenaibow fan View Post
          weed guard huh?????????why would you need to do that unless you were fishing in a........oh what's that thing called again?????? Oh yeah a lake! LOL
          I'm actually doing it so I can fish under cut banks more effectively... The first one I did, a weed-proof green bugger, is what I'm calling my 'PPB'. My Parks Proof Bugger :nyanya:
          "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." -A River Runs Through It

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by cube01 View Post
            I'm actually doing it so I can fish under cut banks more effectively... The first one I did, a weed-proof green bugger, is what I'm calling my 'PPB'. My Parks Proof Bugger :nyanya:

            Hey that is actually a good idea! Man.....think if it works how many flies you will save???????? Oh man..............i think i might do that...or rig some thing together!

            Comment

            Footer Adsense

            Collapse
            Working...
            X