HH Minnow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HH Minnow!

Not to be confused with the SS Minnow, Ive been searching for the right material to make some salt water flies, Baitfish to be exact. And score I found these heads in Homer while i was there brought them back and headed to Mt. View sports to find some material to add to them, id have to say im pretty impressed and was so excited to see what it looked like i tied one in the store. Enjoy
    Click image for larger version

Name:	006.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	2509700Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	2509701

If anyone has or knows where i can find more of these heads please let me know i tried to look them up online and cannot find anything. Thanks!

-Tight Lines
    -Tight Lines & head shakin
    sigpic

http://www.bearsden.com/product9993.html

will the above work for you? Similar, but I do not think these are quite as large as yours, plus yours are multi-colored.

Comment

No those are metal the ones i used are plastic very light weight thanks for searching tho!
      sigpic

Comment

I'd like to find the plastic ones. I was trying to engineer a way to mold them and make a lighter weight version.

George

Comment

Killer lookin' fly man, lets rent some kayaks and go out in the salt!
          Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor_1 View Post
            Killer lookin' fly man, lets rent some kayaks and go out in the salt!
            sounds like a plan fiure out a time and lets do it!
            sigpic

Comment

Did you ever find them online? I would like to try those out also.

Comment

J I bet that one would be a killer for a smolt patern of some sort, do you know if they have any that are smaller? Some one needs to find those things.

Comment

Are these the right ones?

Same name and cheaper here.
                  "Lay in the weeds and wait, and when you get your chance to say something, say something good."
                  Merle Haggard

Comment

Brownbear, don't think those are the ones. I posted the same/similar above (post #2), but he is looking for the head made out of plastic, not metal. A plastic head sure would be nice to tie with.

Comment

unfortunatley i cant find them anywhere. i contacted the sport shed down in homer and he said he got them at some fishing convention down in vegas a couple years ago, i ordered the last ones he had. as for size i havent a clue they only had one size. ive looked eery where online to no evail. i even brought one into to mountain view sports and they looked into it and couldnt find anything either. i guess i hae the only ones in the world.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 900fusion View Post
                        unfortunatley i cant find them anywhere. i contacted the sport shed down in homer and he said he got them at some fishing convention down in vegas a couple years ago, i ordered the last ones he had. as for size i havent a clue they only had one size. ive looked eery where online to no evail. i even brought one into to mountain view sports and they looked into it and couldnt find anything either. i guess i hae the only ones in the world.

Well if that doesn't just figure..........but atleast I can rest easy knowing you will put them to good use.

Comment

Great looking flies!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X