AK to CO.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AK to CO.

Im moving at the end of the month to Co. Would like to get one last trip in before I have to pack up my rods. Is Montana and parks streams open?

Thx, tight lines all.

I'm not standing in front of the rivers, but guessing from what I see around wasilla Id say not yet.

Comment

I would focus efforts on learning about fly fishing in Colorado. While different than Alaska, the opportunities should be amazing.
      The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Comment

thanks all, the wife thinks I should pack them up and "wait".

Comment

As of Saturday the little su and willow are open, as visible from the highway.
          My only gear sponsor is the salvation army - Dick Griffith

Comment

I was planning to fish today, but spent most of the night coughing up my lungs. Some of the lakes around Wasilla have enough open water around the edges to fish, and that can be terrific fishing.

Comment

If I was preparing to move to CO, I'd sure spend time on those lakes around Wasilla. I've fished CO quite a bit, and most of the rivers are overfished for my tastes. But there is no end of lakes large and small that almost never see a fly, and especially in spring at ice-out some of them can be dynomite trout fishing, even if they're better known for other species. We work the shorelines, concentrating on weed beds in summer (nymphs and buggers) and rocky outcrops in spring, as well as early in the morning/late in the evening (streamers for really big browns).
              "Lay in the weeds and wait, and when you get your chance to say something, say something good."
              Merle Haggard

Comment

Montana was open on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by stanbiker View Post
                  Montana was open on Saturday.
                  It was flowing, but not completely open...
                  Everything starting at Kashwitna and above was still pretty crowded with ice. Fishable for sure, but like scott_rn said, Willow and Lil Su are completely open....
                  Baxter and I were upstream of Willow on Saturday, and the farther up you go, the more ice you find, but still fishable all the way up!
                  "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." -A River Runs Through It

Comment

Thanks All, had to pack the rods up. When I get the time Il let you know what the fishing is like.

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie to fly fishing View Post
                      Im moving at the end of the month to Co. Would like to get one last trip in before I have to pack up my rods. Is Montana and parks streams open?

Thx, tight lines all.
                      Better hit up the Gunnison River in June for the Salmon Fly Hatch! Have Fun!
                      Piscor Ergo Sum

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X