PWS and a fly rod early May???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PWS and a fly rod early May???

I am going out for a week long adventure looking for bears in PWS. I was wondering if it would be worth bringing my fly rod??? Anything to catch this time of year out there? Any suggestions welcome either by PM or reply
    I have such a hard time trying to decide which outdoor activity to do every chance I get!! Living in AK is a mental challenge

Heck yeah! No Alaskan Angler is complete w/o bagging the northernmost cutthroat trout on the globe! Plus theres plenty of dollies to be had as well
    sigpic

I'm taking a poll
    <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

Comment

Ditto what Fullbush said... not to mention a chance to hook a lost steelhead! Between Yakutat and Kodiak, how could they not be cruising PWS?

Try fishing creek mouths with a sinktip... sculpins, smolts, and pink bunny flies.

where abouts will you be in the Sound?

Comment

Absolutely! As others have stated, lots of dollies as well as cutts cruising the creek mouths in search of smolt. I will neither confirm nor deny the presence of steel in the sound. No deer on the mainland either.
        sigpicSpending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Comment

We are heading south through Culross toward Knight Island...no specific destination. Looking for some Brownies.
          I have such a hard time trying to decide which outdoor activity to do every chance I get!! Living in AK is a mental challenge

Comment

If your looking for brownies (hint) head way further south and/or further south and east; good luck.

Comment

Agreed. If you have a week to hunt Browns and explore the Sound, go past Knight to Montague or Hitchenbrook. Gotta say, I'm a little bit jealous.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
              Working...
              X