Willow ice out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willow ice out?

Does anyone know if the river has started to thaw enough to fish yet?

Went by yesterday on a ride to Talkeetna.... Saw a little open water, but it would be tough to fish. Won't be long though.
    AKmud
    sigpic

The porcupine is a peaceful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Comment

Not even close to enough ice gone to fish yet. I like where your head is at though.

Comment

Originally posted by icb12 View Post
        Not even close to enough ice gone to fish yet. I like where your head is at though.
        Agreed... Willow is the most thawed of them up there, a little open water but not enough to fish... If you want to go to the mouth and check there, bring snow shoes.

If you really want to get a line wet, the Talkeetna River is open. Was there on Saturday.
        "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." -A River Runs Through It

Comment

went and had a bonfire and beers at jim creek.. the knik has some open water also
          I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
          but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

Comment

Originally posted by cube01 View Post
            the Talkeetna River is open. Was there on Saturday.
            Please define 'open'...do you mean there's a fishable seam at the mouth or is it open enough to run a boat? ....
            ------------------------------------------------
            pull my finger....

Comment

Originally posted by tjm View Post
              Please define 'open'...do you mean there's a fishable seam at the mouth or is it open enough to run a boat? ....
              At the trail at the end of Talkeeta it was open water upsteam and downstream as far as I could see, and banks on both sides. (Then walls of snow on both sides on the banks)
              I can't speak for any other portion of it though.

Hope that helps.
              "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." -A River Runs Through It

Comment

Originally posted by cube01 View Post

Hope that helps.
                It does help, thank you...
                ------------------------------------------------
                pull my finger....

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                Working...
                X