Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anchorage Fly Fishing

Hello all,

I just moved to Anchorage from Fairbanks and really looking forward to the Salmon runs. However, I have only lived in the state for a year and have primarily fly fished in the Northern Interior. I was wanting to know if there is any good fly fishing in Anchorage, excluding Salmon. I will be fishing for all the salmon as they run (cannot wait!) but would also like to try out my new 5 Weight as well. For example, I am interested in fishing for trout, dollies, stealhead, and grayling. If so, how so can you start fishing for any of them as well? Thanks

here's a tip: if you see open water, and its not closed (unfortunately all the open water in ANC is now closed ) fish it and see what happens!
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Comment

Typical monkey response, don't help anyone out.....fly fishing in A-town will primarily be done on the area lakes. Take a look at the ADF&G web site to find out which ones are stocked. Those are the ones you wanna fish. Streams in the city are almost devoid of trout. Steelhead you'll have to run south to the Kasilof, or some of the rivers further south. PM me if you have any more questions on specifics.
      Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

Comment

Awesome, thanks for the help!

Comment

Originally posted by ak_powder_monkey View Post
          here's a tip: if you see open water, and its not closed (unfortunately all the open water in ANC is now closed ) fish it and see what happens!
          really. wow you must be the smartest person on this website. thanks again for your wonderfull helpful hint.
          I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
          but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

Comment

Originally posted by kwackkillncrew View Post
            really. wow you must be the smartest person on this website. thanks again for your wonderfull helpful hint.
            You haven't been around here long enough to ride on the monkey gang bang train... I suggest you get off at the next stop.

Comment

Originally posted by icb12 View Post
              You haven't been around here long enough to ride on the monkey gang bang train... I suggest you get off at the next stop.
              Kwackkillincrew,

If your gonna "ride the monkey", be prepared to deal with the jealousy factor.

I think this "icb12" is an alias for the monkey.

Or maybe the monkey is just a really hot date.

Either way, when you question the monkey's wisdom (ha ha - now there's an oxymoron), be prepared for a twofer.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary View Post
                Kwackkillincrew,

That there is just plain hurtful!

Comment

Kwackkillincrew,

If your gonna "ride the monkey", be prepared to deal with the jealousy factor.

Or maybe the monkey is just a really hot date.

Either way, when you question the monkey's wisdom (ha ha - now there's an oxymoron), be prepared for a twofer.
                  Oh Gary, gary, gary,
                  How wrong you are. See, I know kwackkillincrew... like in real life. And conversely kwackkillincrew knows me... like in real life. So, the both of us know you're wrong, and now you do to.

Nice try though.
                  Care to play again? Or would you prefer to drink some more of chucks koolaid and bash someone over the internet that you know absolutely nothing about? I bet that just gets your jollies rolling don't it... makes your boys swell up with pride at being an intardnet badass. I'll deal another hand if you want to try again.. but I suggest you up the ante a little bit. I play on websites that make this one look like the girlscout homepage.

Comment

Originally posted by kenaibow fan View Post
                    That there is just plain hurtful!
                    Just plain stupid.. There's pictures of both monkey and myself on this forum, anyone who has been around long enough knows that..

Comment

icb you should really be paying attention in your class instead of playing mall ninja on the forum. just tryin to livin this place up a bit. guy asked for a couple hints and mr monkey says go fish open water.... kinda a no brainer ya icb let me know when i have enough hairs on my chest to be able to talk some smack on her :topjob:
                      I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
                      but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

Comment

Originally posted by icb12 View Post
                        Oh Gary, gary, gary,
                        How wrong you are. See, I know kwackkillincrew... like in real life. And conversely kwackkillincrew knows me... like in real life. So, the both of us know you're wrong, and now you do to.

Nice try though.
                        Care to play again? Or would you prefer to drink some more of chucks koolaid and bash someone over the internet that you know absolutely nothing about? I bet that just gets your jollies rolling don't it... makes your boys swell up with pride at being an intardnet badass. I'll deal another hand if you want to try again.. but I suggest you up the ante a little bit. I play on websites that make this one look like the girlscout homepage.
                        To be honest - I don't care if you're a real person or just a figment of monkey's imagination.

You are correct - I don't know you or monkey, but I do find it quite amusing that you feel some preverse need to defend him every time someone takes a wack at him. Don't you think (now try real hard, I know your brain must be fried from all the school work) that if there was no GOOD reason to, less people would bash him? He usually has nothing to offer, but seems to like to see his "words of wisdom" on the screen.
                        There have been times (a few) when I've even agreed with what you or he posts - would it make you both feel more appreciated if I commented on them (when they occur)? You know, give you an "atta boy" & a pat on the head.
                        Go hang out on your badass websites & I'll stay here with the girls.

Comment

A guys asks a question that has been asked and answered HUNDREDS of times on this very forum. A google or forum search answers ALL his questions in under a minute. The fact is that monkey is right... the best way is to GO FISHING. Period. We all start somewhere. An atlas, a roadmap, a couple books, and little bit of skill go a long ways. This very website has a bookstore with enough books and knowledge to keep the average person busy fishing for years. The local library has resources, the internet has resources. For christ sakes.. pick up a freaking reg book and read it. That will tell you where the fish are!

Little Su, willow, little willow, goose, sheep, byers, kashwitna, montana, troublesome, chulitna, talkeetna, ptarmigan, glacier, ingram, seattle, kenai, kasilof, bird, jims, eklutna, hope, quartz, russian, etc, etc, etc... ALL have fish. All are within EASY driving distance.
                          Throw llamas, beads, buggers, leaches, flesh, nymphs, drys, etc.. Fish the top of the water column, fish the bottom of the water column, fish the middle, fish the banks, fish the rapids, fish the pools, fish on hot days, fish on cold days, fish when the water is high, fish when it's low. Put some MILES on your boots, and on your truck. THATS how you learn about fishing. Not on the internet.
                          Keep talking smack man, when you actually want to GO fishing... not just talk smack about it.. let me know. Pay your way in diesel, and I'll save a seat for you.
                          I find it amusing that you guys have a perverse need to spew your bs everytime he posts. You've been here how long? You KNOW what he's going to say.. I do, You do, Everyone does... We have seen this question how many million times? So why bother EVERY single freaking time?? Let him be him. I don't even KNOW him, to be honest, I probably wouldn't even like fishing with him, because he fishes very differently than I do. Still, you guys make me shake my head and laugh. Fact is; somebody has to root for the underdog.

Comment

Yup I am, if only because I can spell "quack" correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor_1 View Post
                              Typical monkey response, don't help anyone out.....fly fishing in A-town will primarily be done on the area lakes. Take a look at the ADF&G web site to find out which ones are stocked. Those are the ones you wanna fish. Streams in the city are almost devoid of trout. Steelhead you'll have to run south to the Kasilof, or some of the rivers further south. PM me if you have any more questions on specifics.
                              You know how I learned to fish? I went fishing, when I started fishing there was no internet forums, no nothing. Took me years to learn how to catch rainbows in rivers. Spent all my money on fly tying materials lures and bait, fished every bit of water I could find and get to on my bike. So the best advice I can give everyone is to just go fishing. And right now, the best place to go fishing is wherever there is open water.

I sure as heck am not gonna give anyone any specifics on where I fish, put in like 15 minutes searching the internet and you can find out all the info you could want.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X