Report April, 9 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report April, 9 2011

Great day to be on the water, Fish were rising sun was out and weather was great. Caddis, knat, and stonefly hatch was going on. Ended up landing a couple nice bows and lost a beast. Went 3 for 6. Pretty stoked to try out new pattens that i tied and see they work. Even tho there were alot of people out and not many fish being caught our group ended up with 5 total :topjob: just shows it doesnt matter how many people there are as long as you have the right stuff. Here are a few pics enjoy.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	KENAI APRIL 2011 (3).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	2509539Click image for larger version

Name:	KENAI APRIL 2011 (2).jpg
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	2509540
    -Tight Lines & head shakin
    sigpic

Cheese!
    Caught this lil guy just after i fumbled a fatty before the picture could be taken.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	KENAI APRIL 2011 (4).jpg
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	2479134
    sigpic

Comment

Good looking fish. Fun to hit them with real flys

Comment

A couple of fat hens for sure...Nice job
        Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Comment

looks like it was a good day for sure. To bad you have to work this weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by 900fusion View Post
            Cheese!
            Caught this lil guy just after i fumbled a fatty before the picture could be taken.
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]47717[/ATTACH]
            I do believe that fis is smiling as big as you are!!!
            Congrats on another great trip guys.
            Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
            "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Comment

Went fishin at a littel beaverpon/creek a few miles from our house and caught one on some powerbait. it sure wasn't that big! nice lookin fish!
              Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Comment

Caddis, Gnat and Stonefly hatches going on......

But what were the patterns you tried? We sometimes snowmachine out to local rivers once they open up and have done well on small black and white leeches but noticed some risers just as we were leaving a few weeks ago.

PM if you are feeling secretive, I'm out in Bristol Bay and I'm 99.9 percent sure you'll never see me casting on the Kenai next to ya.

Comment

Thats it! Im moving to SC. We're still waiting on open water!
                  If you live your whole life afraid to die... Then you can never truly live!

Comment

Originally posted by AKPyron View Post

I live in SC and I am waiting too.....
                    I am not against the flippin kenai, since I cannot but suspect it keeps armies of the unworthy from discovering every other stream... ~Paul O'Neil~/~Wyo2AK~

Comment

Great day to be on the water, Fish were rising sun was out and weather was great. Caddis, knat, and stonefly hatch was going on. Ended up landing a couple nice bows and lost a beast. Went 3 for 6. Pretty stoked to try out new pattens that i tied and see they work. Even tho there were alot of people out and not many fish being caught our group ended up with 5 total :topjob: just shows it doesnt matter how many people there are as long as you have the right stuff. Here are a few pics enjoy.
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]47714[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]47715[/ATTACH]

That beast of a fish was just a old rotten silver, or at least that's what we told u to ease your pain. Nice fish man

Comment

haha adding salt to the wound! if you ever need some one to go down with you im sure i can make time. haha. "catch any yet"...."no but they are jumping like crazy"..... "do you mind if i give it a try"......"sure good luck there not hitting anything".......First cast and wham...... "What the F***". Yup thats how it played out. dont worry you'll get into them.
                        sigpic

Comment

haha adding salt to the wound! if you ever need some one to go down with you im sure i can make time. haha. "catch any yet"...."no but they are jumping like crazy"..... "do you mind if i give it a try"......"sure good luck there not hitting anything".......First cast and wham...... "What the F***". Yup thats how it played out. dont worry you'll get into them.
                          haha...I should have beat you down there. "Secure the spot" my ass! LMAO!

Fish On!
                          You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Comment

Originally posted by AKPyron View Post
                            I hate having to sit on the sidelines(Fairbanks) While others get to play...Hmm maybe I will move to anchorage.
                            There's a fine line between fishing....

and standing on the shore like an idiot! ALLEN BRADLEY-TANGLE LAKES ADVOCATE/FANBOY

Comment

Originally posted by Albradley View Post
                              I hate having to sit on the sidelines(Fairbanks) While others get to play...Hmm maybe I will move to anchorage.
                              Have you seen what TSS is doing out at Harding? I would hardly say you have to be sitting on the wood...those are some freaking huge fish they are catching out at Harding!

Fish On!
                              You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X