Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upper kenai river monsters

going fitchin this week hows it been lately? Will check back sat/sun
    if you wait to the lasdt minute it only takes a minute.....

The river is Super low
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Comment

super low, still lots of aggressive silvers, and a few trout but gotta work hard.... pretty much like every other march
      www.akfishology.com

fishing isn't about life or death... it's more important than that.

Comment

I will be in Cooper on Friday. If its worth it I will post how i did.
        WWW.MOLDYCHUM.COM

http://vimeo.com/11025693

Comment

Anywhere that you can reach open water with a fly rig from the bank (or solid ice), or is a boat still a necessity?
          The fisherman: "He ariseth early in the morning and awaketh the entire household. He arriveth home late at night, smelling of strong drink, and the truth is not in him."

Comment

You dont need a boat...hell you cant use one other than at the bridge.....It would make things a bit better there....To much ice to launch and land at sportsmans and jims..... If you see silvers.....Bows will be there....Work the bridge.....Pull off on the pull out just below the princess rapids...work the water there too......
            Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Comment

Many thanks. Wiinter's been too long. Gotta wet a line.
              The fisherman: "He ariseth early in the morning and awaketh the entire household. He arriveth home late at night, smelling of strong drink, and the truth is not in him."

Comment

Check your emails FHG IN AK
                Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Comment

I was there on sunday and just below sportsman's the big hole was completely iced over. Could be ugly if someone tries to take a boat past sportsmans. Could have melted but I would check it out before floating!

Comment

Originally posted by AKGrayling View Post
                    I was there on sunday and just below sportsman's the big hole was completely iced over. Could be ugly if someone tries to take a boat past sportsmans. Could have melted but I would check it out before floating!
                    Definately don't float past sportsmans. I also was driving to Soldotna this weekend and Gurdrail hole is completly frozen around the bend.

I am not sure about bridge to sportsmans, but the river is really low.

Comment

fished the upper upper from bridge to private boat launch yesterday... slow, low, and cold! guides freezing up constantly. saw seven guys wading along the way... crazy. we managed to boat one 'bow and one silver between three of us... even caught a nice beer buzz...

Comment

jocko, black drift boat?
                        Two rainbows in 4 hours wading in one of 7 spots. I was the one whom caught himself with a snake roll, as usual.

Comment

Fished near bridge today. Got 8 nasty silvers, they were crazy. Got one nice dolly. will post working flies later.
                          This land is your land, this land is my land

Comment

Originally posted by dmahay View Post
                            jocko, black drift boat?
                            Two rainbows in 4 hours wading in one of 7 spots. I was the one whom caught himself with a snake roll, as usual.
                            yep. that was us. I went back today and walked into a special hole of mine (no silvers in sight) and caught one nice dandy 'bow on a sculpin. Taped out to be 24.5"... one fish in two hours of fishing... not too shabby for march.

Comment

Originally posted by FishGod View Post
                              The river is Super low
                              Originally posted by Slayintrout View Post
                              but the river is really low.
                              I hate to be the grinch that stole king season but when kings go up to spawn they do it during the highest water conditions of the year. I would hate to think the king eggs dried up or froze out....I'm pretty sure they did in the Little Su where I live. Yep its bone dry where the kings were spawning in July.... :upset::upset::upset:
                              sigpic

I'm taking a poll
                              <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X