Beads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could make bracelets at a girl scott jamboree

Since you showed us your bead kit, I will do the same....

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Comment

For rainbows, I typically use 6mm when standing and working an area, 8mm when drifting, but vary from 5mm up to 10mm regularly. Standard orange/tangerine with various coatings of white works most of the time - as Drifter described.

That said - beads are cheap and easy to carry. Why limit yourself to 6 options?
      Pursue happiness with diligence.

Comment

Thanks, for the photo's & suggestions.
        Here is what I am thinking as far as colors:
        Nat. Roe---Dk. Roe---Tangerine---Orange---Glow Roe---Apricot---Oregon Cheese
        I will carry in both solid colors & mottled.
        Again, I just want to limit the bead colors, just like I do with flies. I used to carry all of those different fly patterns, and found myself just using a handful of the same flies, over & over! Now I just tie & carry more of, the ones that have been successful for me.
        How many bead colors or fly patterns, can you use, in a day of fishing?
        I think we all have our favorite colors/patterns, and I think we all build a confidence level, in what we use, if it proves seccessful!
        Again, thanks for the info, and I welcome any other suggestions.

Bill

Comment

What are these bead things you guys are talking about.....Never heard of them
          Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Comment

They look very similar to all the little round things that we kept finding in your boat the other week
            The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Comment

Originally posted by danattherock View Post
              They look very similar to all the little round things that we kept finding in your boat the other week
              Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh ok. It is becoming more clear LOL......Nice one Dan

Comment

Originally posted by bigcox View Post
                what he said...i have one coming in the mail this week. Worked very well last year.

I've also seen some magnum trout beads on their website that look pretty good.

Fish on!
                i will just use some of yours since your getting a kit on the way..you know...i got kids to feed...lol
                sigpic
                Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
                www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Comment

Originally posted by JediMasterSalmonSlayer View Post
                  i will just use some of yours since your getting a kit on the way..you know...i got kids to feed...lol
                  HA! I can give you the ones that don't normally work that well for me...:topjob:

Fish On!
                  You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bill K. View Post

I think we all have our favorite colors/patterns, and I think we all build a confidence level, in what we use, if it proves seccessful!
                    Again, thanks for the info, and I welcome any other suggestions.

Bill
                    Fishing is all about confidence anyway... that and a good presentation... and I suppose it helps if the fish are biting....
                    I believe in simplicity, too. While I'm on the water, I'll typically carry a small travel box o beads and a flybox with flesh and streamers and maybe a couple nymphs. Though, often I'll have more tackle back at the car, and an even greater arsenal back at the home. Fishing for me is both a hobby and a livlihood, so I have all sorts of gear... fly tackle, bait and spin, drift... even jig rods for ice fishing. It is a life-long study of technique, refinement, and pursuit. The catching is just a bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by jockomontana View Post
                      Fishing is all about confidence anyway... that and a good presentation... and I suppose it helps if the fish are biting....
                      I believe in simplicity, too. While I'm on the water, I'll typically carry a small travel box o beads and a flybox with flesh and streamers and maybe a couple nymphs. Though, often I'll have more tackle back at the car, and an even greater arsenal back at the home. Fishing for me is both a hobby and a livlihood, so I have all sorts of gear... fly tackle, bait and spin, drift... even jig rods for ice fishing. It is a life-long study of technique, refinement, and pursuit. The catching is just a bonus.
                      Great point. I know if I am not comfy with my setup I will not catch fish....I have to like what Im using....My standby is 6mm peaches and cream bead. For some reason that beads out fishes all my others at least 6-1. I have enough beads to choke a horse....What do I use.....peaches and cream and strawberries and cream 80% of the time.....My wife well she can put on a black freaking marble....never mend her line.....fish with 4 feet of leading in 10 feet of water and still catch fish....Must be the boobies

Comment

Originally posted by alaskachuck View Post
                        Great point. I know if I am not comfy with my setup I will not catch fish....I have to like what Im using....My standby is 6mm peaches and cream bead. For some reason that beads out fishes all my others at least 6-1. I have enough beads to choke a horse....What do I use.....peaches and cream and strawberries and cream 80% of the time.....My wife well she can put on a black freaking marble....never mend her line.....fish with 4 feet of leading in 10 feet of water and still catch fish....Must be the boobies

thats because we over think it way to much! And the boobies help I am sure, I mean they catch more then just fish! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by jockomontana View Post

Well said man:topjob:

Comment

alaskachuck: I know if I am not comfy with my setup I will not catch fish....I have to like what Im using....My standby is 6mm peaches and cream bead. For some reason that beads out fishes all my others at least 6-1. I have enough beads to choke a horse....What do I use.....peaches and cream and strawberries and cream 80% of the time.
                            Exactly my point!
                            This is why, I try to limit, my selection to the patterns or colors that you feel confident in, and will use the majority of the time.

Bill

Comment

For trout I have found that the basic 6 colors or so that have been mentioned will be sufficient but while steelhead fishing I have drifted color after color past where I knew fish were until I hit on the right size/color for a takedown.

Check out AFFG as they have a sale on some pretty good colors right now. At $1.75 a pop you can probably expand your box by a bit.

Something that I have also found very useful is a bead specific box that fits in a wader pocket or vest. This has probably 8 different compartments for beads and room for 2 different sizes of hooks, and split shot. This has been indispensable to me while beading as it keeps everything together. This is the one I use.

Also don't forget your "peg-its". I know there are a number of different schools of thought on the best way to peg your bead but these are my favorite, much less visable and easier to work with than toothpicks.

Comment

Armo, thanks for the info.

Bill

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X