Urban fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urban fishing

I fished ship creek for a couple hours today a little ways under the reeve blvd bridge. the fish were rolling but no matter what i threw at them they didn't want a part of it. the water was really clear so they might have been spooked. i wish i could have stayed longer but a black bear rolled in so i figured i would give him his space.

Originally posted by crashAK View Post
    I fished ship creek for a couple hours today a little ways under the reeve blvd bridge. the fish were rolling but no matter what i threw at them they didn't want a part of it. the water was really clear so they might have been spooked. i wish i could have stayed longer but a black bear rolled in so i figured i would give him his space.

:eekang you. I fished that area all last "spring" and never saw a thing. Clear water, Nice pools too. I park at ditomoso's. I just walk in the dispatch office and let them know and they are very nice with it. If you ever want company chasing some fishes in town like that let me know.
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Comment

Originally posted by alaskachuck View Post
      :eekang you. I fished that area all last "spring" and never saw a thing. Clear water, Nice pools too. I park at ditomoso's. I just walk in the dispatch office and let them know and they are very nice with it. If you ever want company chasing some fishes in town like that let me know.
      haha ya man that was actually the first time ive been down there. i was just reading the regs. summary book and saw you can catch bows there. i never really thought of ship for rainbows. i might head out there again next tuesday cuz i get out of class kind of early on tuesdays.

Comment

I like to hit it early on the weekends. Nobody goes down there but I had a co worker catch fish there the last 5 years. From what I understand there is decent fishing on it there and around the golf course too. I have never fished it up high but it still has to be pretty and a great day on the water with an amazing view. I work untill 4 everyday but with the long daylight coming Im only 15 minutes from being set up and out of the house. I live on the west side so 15 more to get there. give me a call if your going later in the day or an early weekend morning. It scratch's an itch good before the lakes break and the kenai reopens. PM Sent

Comment

everyone should disregard this thread there are no trout in ship creek and they don't like wooly buggers and smolt flies
          I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Comment

Originally posted by ak_powder_monkey View Post
            everyone should disregard this thread there are no trout in ship creek and they don't like wooly buggers and smolt flies
            '

Oh yea I forgot. I will never ever fish there again:eek:

Comment

Originally posted by ak_powder_monkey View Post
              Yep, AKPM is right. No fish in that creek. I wouldnt bother.

Comment

They also HATE misquito emergers and Phesant tail nymphs so don't even try them! Lot's of fun down there in the early spring. You should bring plenty of the above patterns because you really need to fish them in the deadfalls where you will loose plenty... but catch a few just minutes from the house. Thanks for the reminder. I'll be down there in the next couple days. Stop and say "Hi" to the big, fat, bald, old guy with a smile on his face regardless to whether he has a fish on or not. It's good to be out on the water once again!
                Tight Lines & screamin' Reels

Comment

[QUOTE=Alaskan Fly Guy;4819 Stop and say "Hi" to the big, fat, bald, old guy with a smile on his face regardless to whether he has a fish on or not.

As long as I have lived here last year was the first time I fished it. Skunked big time. But Alaskan Fly Guy nails it. Early morning 5 or 6am A big cup of coffee (with a tad of carolyns) and the creek and the sounds of the water to myself. Working different patterns (none of the ones in the above posts, that will change this year) Just enjoying the time on the water and life

Comment

Fished it few times too. Spring time seems to be mystery, no fish caught or seen. When the salmon arrive...its a different story. There's some nice trout and dollies in there.
                    Caught and Released

Comment

a black bear at reeve blvd? really? strange i used to work in that corner and never saw one or the sign of one, lunch hour was spent fishing those holes on the bend with the big sandbar and logjam, downstream of the bridge...caught some decent bows out of there, and some fat dollies...however for anchorage fishin for big bows, i prefer to walk down chester creek between lake otis and c street....last spring my buddy caught a 32" spawning female on a steelhead egg pattern, drifted slowly under a cut in the bank...there are some really big rainbows in that creek, where they come from, ill never know...but the first one i ever saw i hooked on a worm at arctic bridge at valley of the moon park, in the culvert....just watch out for moose and beware the drunk homeless guys, they wont stop asking for change and theyll try to follow you...
                      sigpic

Release Lake Trout

Comment

Fished ship today for a few hours below the reeve blvd bridge......absolutely nothing happening there. Didn't see any fish or even a smolt. I have fished this creek a bunch of times and don't think there is anything in there except during the salmon runs. Never seen a fish other than salmon in there
                        Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor_1 View Post
                          Fished ship today for a few hours below the reeve blvd bridge......absolutely nothing happening there. Didn't see any fish or even a smolt. I have fished this creek a bunch of times and don't think there is anything in there except during the salmon runs. Never seen a fish other than salmon in there

thats the luck I have always had. I still like being on the water there early in the morning and just enjoying the sights and sounds of the area. Downtown anchorage but still fishing.

Comment

I've caught rainbows in there, but only during the salmon runs. I fished it Friday and didn't catch or see a thing. Nice to be out though. Time to hit the Valley rivers.
                            To bead or not to bead, that is the question... :confused:

Comment

Was thinking about making a drive up there tomorrow...worth it do you think?
                              Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X