X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ak_powder_monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by RastaHunter View Post
    Last year Hank Pennington wrote in his column that the earliest he has ever seen a red in the Buskin was May 3... so...

Not so worried about reds I watched 2.5 million go by my tower the last two years and the year before that I caught 15,000 with a gillnet 7 inch dollies however, get me excited

Heading to the afognak river to count smolt, should be fun

Leave a comment:

• akflyfisher
    replied
    Normally fishing for dollies in Buskin lake is pretty good the last week of April but this year the ice just wont go away. It may be wishful thinking but I am hoping to hook up this weekend.
    The earliest I have ever caught a red was May 16th.

Leave a comment:

• RastaHunter
    replied
    Originally posted by ak_powder_monkey View Post
    sounds like it'll be perfect when I get there on the 4th
    Last year Hank Pennington wrote in his column that the earliest he has ever seen a red in the Buskin was May 3... so...

Leave a comment:

• byrd_hntr
    replied
    27th

I get there on the 27th... it'll be perfect then too. Hopefully not raining cats and dogs!

Leave a comment:

• ak_powder_monkey
    replied
    sounds like it'll be perfect when I get there on the 4th

Leave a comment:

• RastaHunter
    replied
    I havent heard of any fish yet but I plan on going out this weekend and next weekend for sure. The ice is just melting off the lakes right now. I think there is about 300 SF of open water on the lake behind my house.

Leave a comment:

• ak_powder_monkey
    replied
    Sure there might be some dollies out and about by then

Leave a comment:

• byrd_hntr
    started a topic Kodiak, Last week of April?

Kodiak, Last week of April?

I am heading to Kodiak for some work next week. Should I pack my rod? If so anyone want to point me to a place where I might find a dolly or two? Ive never fished in Kodiak and I think its a bit early but I thought I might give it a try if I have a chance. Any info would be appreciated.

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X