Tying Material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tying Material

Any suggestions for websites that offer a good selection of fly tying material, at a reasonable cost? Cabelas just doesn't seem to have that much stuff.

Thanks!

www.theflyshop.com
    they have more fly tying stuff in stock than any place i have ever seen. plus they have a great travel section to look at. They are located in Redding California. Prices are reasonable as well. Hope this helps.

Comment

I use these folks http://www.flyfishusa.com/ Good selection, good prices and very knowledgeable, especially if you are a spey caster. They are the folks that put on the largest spey clave in the U.S. Just about anything you might ever need. I do buy most things local (3 Rivers, Word Wide and Mountain View), but if they don't have it I mail order from these guys in OR. No matter where you buy though, I have never seen a shop that has everything. I have the most trouble sourcing hooks, beads and just the right shade of rabbit hide! I got the hide problem solved though, I bought 25 white ones from an importer back east. Now I just have to experiment with Rit dye.

Comment

I like feathercraft for things I can't get here
        I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Comment

J Stockards sells plenty. Not sure how it compares to other sites, but something worth checking out perhaps.

http://www.jsflyfishing.com/
          The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Comment

In addition to the ones mentioned:
            www.saltwaterflies.com
            www.saltwateredge.com
            If I can find it in Anchorage at Mtn View Sports or Worldwide Anglers that is where I start.

Comment

Thanks for all of the suggestions! I'll check these places out. I like to buy locally, too. But, sometimes the local shop is out of what I need, or doesn't keep it in stock.

Thanks again!

Comment

did you request the cabelas fly fishing cataloge?

I'll second the fly shop...

Dan baileys...

Look on line there is a host of other great ones out there..some do well in one area and poor in others.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                Working...
                X