Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fly gear

HI:
    I thought this would be the place to find the gear that I need to get started back tying. I did it for over 20 years but can't see as well anymore

1 Im looking for a good magnifier / light combo.
    2 Any new gadgets that I got to have to make life easer at the table.

I have hooks/ fur /feathers /ect.

Anyhow -- Have been watching site and thought it would be good to chat with all of you
    E-K-C

Although I do not see a lot of parachute flies in your picture...there is a relatively new vise out, a friend of mine developed it, a bit pricey for me, but man if you see it in action you'll be sold...

http://www.fly-wheel.net/

It handles parachutes like no other.

Comment

that vice is pretty slick unfortunately I have about $700 worth of other vices sitting on the desk I'm writing this from
      I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Comment

I found a magnafying glass on an adjustable stand at the tent sale by pitman last year. I believe they had both with and without a light. Since the tent is gone I would suggest looking at hardware stores or craft stores.

Comment

Best I've seen...

Probably several good light/magnifier combos out there, but in a fly tying class, I saw and tried this one - it worked very well. I think a good quality light makes the most difference... This combo picture is from The Fly Shop.
          No habitat, no hunter.

Comment

magnifying glass

Thanks for your help I found one--Now I jest got to get in the grove and start making some flys E-K-C

Comment

Dolly Llamas?

Good news!

Check out Wyo2Ak's Dolly Llamas post on this thread:
              http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=48312

After you've tied up some Woolly Buggers, etc, I bet those (DLs) draw some attention from the big old fish!
              No habitat, no hunter.

Comment

Wyo2ak ties some wicked dahlis. They are some good looking beasts. Id pay for them in a heart beat. He did post some great pics on his message
                Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Comment

I bought a craft style magnifyier on a long articulating arm that clamps to the table so that it's out of the way and doesn't take up table space.

For lighting, I use a true spectrum OTT Light.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X