Trout in October?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trout in October?

I'm travelling to Anchorage (for work) and will be there Oct 1-15. I know it's late in the year, but is it too late for trout/salmon fishing? I'll probably only have one day available for fishing so I could really use a recommendation for a guide around Anchorage that would be willing to do a one day/one person trip.

Kenai would be your best bet
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Comment

Looking for a guide.

I've dealt with this one guide, Jerry Herrod for a few years now. Young guy but he really knows his water. He's licensed/insured/permitted, all that stuff but I can't remember the name of his company. I know that he goes into the valley and Kenai. Cell number though is (907)748-6570. I know he's been drifting down the Kenai.

Best of luck.

Comment

might try kenai river fly fishing

I might be a bit biased as I know the people who own the business and fish with them a bunch, in fact we will be down there tomorrow (Oct 1). their website is www.krff.com

good luck and enjoy the trout and dollies they are all so fat right now!

Steve

Comment

Upper Kenai at that time of the year can be magic. A bit chilly, but productive. I fish with Troutfitters... http://www.aktroutfitters.com/
          Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
          Working...
          X