X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jakec5253
    replied
    thanks

Thanks Flyboy. I prefer a faster action, so this rod should work out perfect. Thanks to all for the input.

Jake

Leave a comment:

• flyboy
    replied
    By Tippy I mean that most of the flex is in the tip of the rod. The butt and mid-section are stiff, and the tip narrows fast and flexs more. Not a bad thing, it just is the way the rod loads: more out at the end than deep into the blank. More suited for a fast casting stroke with hard and deliberate stops.

Leave a comment:

• jakec5253
    replied
    tippy

thanks for the info Flyboy. What do you mean by tippy? Does that mean faster or slower than other TFO rods? I have never heard that term before. Thanks again.

Jake

Leave a comment:

• flyboy
    replied
    I have a 9 foot 10wt TFO Teeny. Have caught big steelhead, 40lb Kings and 70lb Tarpon with it. It is a bit more "tippy" than the other TFO saltwater rods, but has a pretty good butt section for fighting the big fish. I like the feel of it.

Leave a comment:

• danattherock
    replied
    Also,

On Jim's website, there is a video about this rod. In the link below, select "TFO" rods on the left hand side. There is a 6 minute video about the rod there.

http://www.jimteeny.com/indexMain.ht.../catIntro.html

Leave a comment:

• danattherock
    replied
    Call them and talk about it. They are a helpful bunch. Just have them talk to you about how the Teeny compares to the other models you have fished.

Leave a comment:

• jakec5253
    started a topic TFO jim teeny

TFO jim teeny

Anybody fished the jim teeny line from TFO? I have a fished the Pro, TICR, and TICRx lines, but not the teeny. They make a 10ft 10wt. Don't want to spend the money for another Sage rod, mostly because I don't plan on fishing the 10wt too much. Thanks for the input.

Jake

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X