Cutthroat fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutthroat fishing

Well, my better half what's to find some cutthroat the end of next week. Curious if anyone has any information on fishing for them off beaches, or near the salt? We have been looking into areas between ANC and Homer and some areas over near Seward. <br/><br/>She is stubborn and only wants to target cutthroat for this trip. <br/><br/>Cheers,<br/><br/>Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk<br/><br/>

Good luck finding some. I've heard reports that they may be available in PWS(?). Have never heard of any caught in the areas you describe. Have you checked with F&G?

Comment

The closest place I know that has them is Yakatat, but they are easy to find in SE AK.

Comment

Cordova has some as well as a few places in PWS.
        sigpic
        Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
        Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
        Ropes, Buoys, Bait
        alaskashrimppots.com
        akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
        907 775 1692

Comment

Thanks guys. Looks like this will be quite exploratory. <br/><br/>Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk<br/><br/>

Comment

We may test out Cochran bay outside of Whittier. Might be a bit of a paddle in the pack raft though!! <br/><br/>Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk<br/><br/><br/>

Comment

I caught one 25 years ago in the creek at the end of Long Bay in Culross Passage. Good luck! I'd love to target them at some point.

Comment

Eshamy and Esther has them to name a few.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                Working...
                X