Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shanem
    replied
    G_Smolt - Thanks for the info. An 8wt Spey would be my preference to a 10wt as Iíd get more use out of an 8wt second rod down here in Oregon. We mostly fish 7wt for steelhead/coho. Weíre staying at Naknek River Camp so it will be guided. This is our first time doing a lodge, we usually DIY when we go to British Columbia but figured we should try a guided trip once. Although Iím more of a just drive the boat and let me figure out swinging the run vs telling me exactly where to to cast in a run. <br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• G_Smolt
    replied
    An 8 should be fine. I used to fish an ECHO King 9130 as my primary chinook fishpole, switched over to an ECHO Full Spey 8130 last year and haven't regretted that decision one bit, especially afer a sample size of 30+ in June alone. Lighter, with a crisp action and a great fish-fighting feel makes the 8 a no-brainer for me now. Tidewater kings are a bit feisty, but with a good drag you can keep 'em to less than 100yds on an 8wt. Are you gonna DIY or be guided?

Leave a comment:

• shanem
    replied
    Yeah thatís kind what I was thinking. I release them all and donít want to overplay the fish. Iíll pack the 10wt for kings and a 7wt for sockeye.<br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• gbflyer
    replied
    Iíd want a 9 for up to 30ís or a 10 if they are bigger.

Leave a comment:

• shanem
    started a topic Spey rod for KINGS

Spey rod for KINGS

Going to be staying and fishing on the Naknek river in King Salmon in early July. We will be chasing sockeye and some kings. What weight Spey rod do you think I should pack for Kings? Iím thinking an 8wt but donít know if that will have enough backbone. <br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X