Looking For Classic Salmon Flies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking For Classic Salmon Flies

I am looking for a couple classic looking salmon flies to decorate fly rod display stands that I made. I had a friend give me an old bamboo flyrod and I wanted to reciprocate by sending him a couple display racks. They came out pretty nice but to give it a little flair and color I thought it would be neat to have a large salmon fly on the front top. If you have a couple or know someone who does, please let me know. I don't have any particular fly in mind. I am just imagining something large enough to see from a distance, like those classic looking fly patterns. Thank you for your help!

A bright Dolly Llama could be a good fly for the display rack

Comment

Yes, that could work too. I guess for some reason I picture one of those large feather flies would go good with an old bamboo rod. I guess that since that style isn't used anymore makes them a little rare to find.

Comment

You could look at the streamers people use for Atlantic salmon.

Comment

Yes, thank you. That’s is actually what I was looking for. I finally just looked on eBay and found a couple. I was hoping to find some local but it wasn’t looking promising.

Comment

Egg Sucking Leech could be a good one for you.
            johnnie laird

Comment

Thanks Muskeg. I’m waiting to see what the ones I ordered look like. You sure can’t go wrong with an egg sucking leach!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
              Working...
              X