Flies for Chena Chums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flies for Chena Chums

I need some fly pattern suggestions for chums in the Chena. Plan on hitting the dam area, from the bank, with the the new 8wt. Thanks.
    Ben
    Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

The World is yours

Killen me LOL :-)

Standard Clouser Minnows work wonders Lime Green and White size 2/0 with our class eyes. Standard ESL with eyes works well! Believe it or not 9672 Mustand Size 4 Cone Head Wolley Bugger olive or black.

If they are chasing in back pools toss a Pink Polywag at them and surface fish them.

;-)

Comment

Chum Flies

CAUGHT TWO THE OTHER DAY HERE IN NOME. GOT ONE ON A CHART/WHITE CLOUSER AND ONE ON AN ALASKABOU (POPCICLE). BOTH 1/0 I BELIEVE. THE ALASKABOU GOT A MORE VIOLENT STRIKE BY FAR. I JUST ORDERED A COUPLE GREEN/WHITE ALASKABOU'S FROM WWW.KMAN.COM . AWESOME LOOKING FLIES AND THE COLOR SHOULD KILL THE CHUMS. I SUGGEST YOU CHECK OUT THE WEBSITE. CLICK ON PRODUCTS, THEN FLIES, THEN, ALASKA FLIES. ALL KINDS OF SALMON/DOLLY FLIES. SOME OF THE NICEST I HAVE SEEN ANYWHERE. NICE GUY TOO. CALLED HIM AND HE SENT MY ORDER OUT THE SAME DAY (TODAY). MOST OF THE BOOKS I HAVE READ SAY CHUM FAVOR THE YELLOW - GREEN SIDE OF THE COLOR SPECTRUM. THE IS A BOOK, "ALASKA FISHING" THAT HAS AN INCREDIBLE AMOUNT OF INFO ON ALL THE MAJOR FISH HERE IN ALASKA. BY GUNAR PETERSON I THINK. GREAT BOOK AND MY SOURCE FOR INFO. ALL OF IT HAS CHECKED OUT SO FAR AS I TEST THINGS OUT FROM THE BOOK
      The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
      Working...
      X